What a weekend! We had so much fun.
Friday afternoon, a friend of ours planned a Halloween play date at the park. All the kids dressed up in their costumes and had a blast together. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I had to save my memory chip space for the rest of the weekend's activities.
Saturday afternoon we enjoyed Disney on Ice. We arrived early in hopes of catching a character running around but didn't have any luck there. However our seats were perfect and I was able to capture some great action shots. Yaya was totally captivated by the show. I don't think she took her eyes off the ice once. The funny thing was she didn't really think they were ice skating because the ice looked so smooth at the beginning.
The photo below was towards the end of the show when all the princesses and their "prince charmings" skated onto the ice together. Yaya LOVED this part! Is it just me or does Princess Tiana look like First Lady Obama?
Sunday, we attended our church's Fall carnival which was HUGE! They expected around 10,000 people and I think they may have hit their mark. There were people ALL OVER THE PLACE! I had fun baking a few different cupcakes for their cupcake walk.
Yaya loves the Pinkalicious book series and had a blast going as Pink herself. She loved having me turn her pink with my blush. In case you don't know the story Pinkalicious loves everything pink. She and her mommy baked pink cupcakes and she ate so many of them she turned pink too. "Just one more!" is Pinkalicious's cry during the book. So this is the pose we took.
Monday, Bird took the day off and planned a fun afternoon for us. I tossed some chicken fajitas in the crock pot and we made a mess in the kitchen creating this cake together. We got the idea from a magazine I bought last year.
The same magazine gave us this "Horrifying" punch recipe. It had gummy worms, gummy circles (as eye sockets) and raisins (as ticks). Talk about a sugar high! UGH! Pappy and Nana came over for dinner and trick or treating with us too. Having them close enough to share in these memories is priceless. I only regret not taking a photo of the whole gang together.
2 comments:
So much fun! What delicious memories for Yaya!
Look at that cake!!! How fun!! And yaya in all her pink glory! Adorable as usual!
I am thinking of taking my nieces to Disney on Ice! That really makes me want to get those tickets!!!
And yes, when did the First Lady take up ice skating? :)
Post a Comment