While we were home, we were able to spend a few nights with my mom's "little" brother, Steve and his wife. During our time with them they took us up to Makoshika State Park for a little sight seeing. This park looks similar to the badlands in the Dakotas but according to their official website the exposed earth is much older. I also read this is one of the largest state parks in Montana. I was once again struck by the beauty and stark contrasts of life and death in this rugged terrain. Bird, Yaya and I would have so much fun hiking out there together.
Who wouldn't love to sit on this bench daily and watch the sunrise or set in front of your eyes?
I couldn't help myself I just loved these wildflowers and old posts.
Sitting atop this vista I imagined hearing Yaya's excited voice exclaiming, "Momma! I can see the whole world from up here!" Yeah, I was missing my little smoochie like crazy!
Here's a shot I took of my aunt Donna, uncle Steve and my mom as the sun was setting! You should know, my aunt Donna has given me some of the BEST marital and parenting advice a girl could ask for. She also gives the BEST hugs in the world! Seriously, if you ever feel like your world is falling apart one of her hugs will give you the comfort and strength you need to get back up and face another day with renewed hope.
By the way, did you know you can bake a pie on your BBQ? My aunt Donna and uncle Steve have mastered this technique. Oh my heaven's I wish I had taken photos of their delicious pies!
8 comments:
Looks awesome!!
I haven't grilled pie before but it makes sense. When you close a grill, it becomes an outdoor oven:-)
Yeah!! It worked!!!
Awesome photos! Where in Montana? East, West, Central, North, South? It is a huge state you know:) I can hear Yaya up there too. The excitement would be just to much. I will have to bake a pie in my grill. If both your Aunt and Susie can do it, what other proof do you need?
Susie, Yeah! I'm so happy it worked. Wonder why you couldn't comment? I didn't change anything.
Evy, North Eastern MT. Pretty much where all the oil wells are being dug right now. It's nuts up there!
Gorgeous, gorgeous place but wait...did you say baking a pie on a bbq? I wish I could see that!
My aunt and uncle's BBQ has a thermometer on it so you can heat it to the temp you need for a pie. Once it's reached just place the pie in and close the lid. Make sure to monitor the grill to be sure the temp stays regulated.
The crust actually is a bit crispier all the way through from what I could tell.
Wow - beautiful place to visit!
I used to have
an uncle with
hugs like that....
the best : ) Love
that rock in the
first pic that looks
like a mushroom!
xx Suzanne
PS: Sorry to hear
about the losses
in your family.
Those dragonfly pics
gave me shivers...
Beautiful.
Post a Comment