I simply can't believe I was able to catch these shots of this gorgeous little bird. I love everything about him. His lightning fast speed, his attitude and spunk as he chased off other hummingbirds who dared to trespass on his turf. ![]()
I especially love that he seemed to be just as curious about me as I was him. I would like to know what ran through his mind as he stared at me from various perches tasting the afternoon air.
Like Speedy Gonzales or the famous Road Runner, he was gone again darting around my mom's yard as if he had a million things to do before the day was done. Busy busy busy. He came and went for almost an hour. Each time the buzz of his fluttering wings announced his arrival or departure. I'll never forget my afternoon encounter with this beautiful little hummingbird.
8 comments:
Those shots are amazing! I don't know how anyone could look at them & doubt that our God reigns.
Love these shots! It is so hard to get clear shots of a hummingbird, and you caught them perfectly.
WOW! Great pictures!
Those are awesome photos! AWESOME. Wow. Send this girl the details on your camera and lenses! I asked for a new lens for my anniversary, and I think I just might get it!
Seriously. You have found a new calling. Wow. Hands down best photos of hummingbirds. EVAR! You have to make friends with people who are building doctors buildings - or redecorating them. I swear you could sell these pictures and retire to Hawaii. Seriously, did you ever tell me what camera you got? And I'm with Sissy - what lens did you use? Are you manual or auto? Seriously impressive Frizz. Seriously impressive.
Sissy and Karin,
The camera I have is a Canon EOS Rebel t2i. The lense I used for these shots was a Canon EFS 55-250mm. I believe I used the sports mode on my camera to capture the speed w/o too much blur from the bird's wings. I try to take pictures using each of its settings. I keep my manual with me at all times in case I have trouble w/ a shot.
Thank you so much for you wonderful compliments. I am beyond flattered.
Gorgeous!
AMAZING!!! Crazy good!
Post a Comment