to be on the beach right now. I can't believe it's been a week since we watched the sunset over the San Francisco Bay. Bird took the beautiful photo below while we were at Baker beach with JD. If you haven't been there before it's worth the trip. You should know in advance it's not a safe beach to swim in the water.
However, it is a great beach to SIT and BE IN GOD's presence.
I recall feeling the sheer power of the surf crashing against the sand.
I recall listening to the sound of the waves begin as a deep rumbling roar only to quickly change pitch into bubbling hissing sounds as they climbed the beach reaching their final outstreched destination.
I recall breathing in the ocean air which holds a scent so strong I can almost taste the salt on my tongue.
I recall watching the sun slowly reach across the horizon leaving hues of pale blue, pink, violet, white and silver streaking across the sky.
I recall how the cold, wet and gritty sand felt under my feet.
I recall how it felt as it pushed up around the sides of my feet and tickled me between my toes.
I recall the instant panick JD and I felt upon realizing we were about to be soaked by a giant wave and there was no escaping.
I recall the unbridalled laughter which followed as we assessed the damage to our clothes and shoes.
I recall all my senses and emotions being in overdrive and yet somehow the outcome is always the same. I find an inner peace on the beach that cannot be matched.
I recall feeling as though my stress and worries have been washed away by God and the changing tides. Only contentment, peace and happiness remain.
What I wouldn't give to spend eternity walking and playing on the beach with my family by my side.
3 comments:
What a breathtaking shot!!!
That is an amazing photo!! I want to go to the beach too. It is the best place to be when you want to think.
What I wouldn't give to be anywhere with sand between my toes and no goose bumps. *sigh*
Post a Comment