Absent (as described by Dictionary.com)
1. not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from...
I can't believe I have been absent from my blog for TWO weeks. Is that really possible? I mean I know life has picked up the pace but TWO WHOLE WEEKS? I suppose I ought to give a few highlights in order to catch up.
My mom and I planted a garden in my backyard which is a big adventure for me. I tried tomatoes last year and decided if I could keep them alive I would add a few other plants too. As a result, we planted 4 types of tomatoes this year and I've started several herbs and beans from seeds as well. We had hoped to have a giant pumpkin, squash, zucchini, jaclolantern pumpkins and cucumbers in the ground at the same time but we realized the back sprinklers weren't working in the garden. Just as I managed to get them fixed the weather turned rainy. I can't begin to tell you how exciting it is for me to see something I planted coming up and remaining alive. I pray I can keep it up til everything is ready to be harvested.
We checked out a Strawberry festival and had a blast. At the last minute I asked if Yaya's buddy could join us which worked out perfect. These two had a blast together on the rides and couldn't have been any more excited to see and talk to Strawberry Shortcake.
Bird and Yaya spoiled me rotten for Mother's Day. It all began with Yaya's class celebrating Mother's Day at their Spring Sing event. What a way to touch a momma's heart. I cried like a baby at how much my little girl has grown up over the last year. All the kids did such great job.
Can you tell she's soaking up the spotlight? She was posing like she thought she was a Super Model. NO JOKE!
In addition, they brought me chocolates, homemade gifts and we spent the day hiking with my parents along the river. As always the only thing missing was my brother and nephews to share in the fun.
Since then we've been busy entertaining. A friend I hadn't seen since our wedding came to stay with us and it was so nice having him here. He and Bird made me laugh so much it hurt. I'll have to make a mental note here of how much trouble these two are when they're together. It was fun playing tour guide for JD around San Fran and a few other places here and there. We also took him to see his first Cirque du Soleil show. He liked it and was amazed by some of the strange acts and stunts.
Of course these things are all in addition to our normal routines, end of school fieldtrips
and preparations for Yaya's upcoming ballet recital.
Unfortunately, there is nothing to report on the adoption front for us. However, I'm excited to tell you our friends became proud parents to their daughter Grace last weekend. We couldn't be more happy for them! They've been waiting as long as we have so it meant a lot to see their dream of becoming parents come true.
After looking back over the past two weeks I realize it's impossible that I've been absent from anything! I know many of you are feeling and experiencing the same end of the year flourish of activities. I pray we all take time and soak each of these precious moments up no matter how crazy or frazzled we feel. Each and every one of them is a precious gift from God.
6 comments:
So glad you popped by today.. I miss reading your blog. I have been MIA as well. Yaya.. can not BELIEVE how big she is getting! Where does the time go?
xxx
Please tell Yaya that I LOVE her super model pose!
Glad to see you back & your beautiful pictures!
Yaya is adorable in her Charleston outfit. Heck, I'd wear that out on the weekend myself :)
I love there is a redhead dressed like Strawberry Shortcake. I want to apply for that job :)
Sounds like you have keeping busy in your wwonderful life:-)
Yep, you were missed!! It does get so busy this time of year though. Love all of the pictures of Yaya:) Olivia's recital is this weekend and sometime soon her class is having an end of the year play. She gets to play the part of Goldilocks. Of course you know Gramma will be there:)
So happy for your friends and am still praying for God to bless you also. He has a very special baby in mind for you, I know.
Good luck on the garden. It has not been warm enough up here to plant anything yet.
Lovin you to the ends of the earth and back again.
Oh it is good to have you hack my friend. Is that costume not the cutest? The Princess is also such a little poser.
Post a Comment