A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Me and My Girl

It seems like we don't have our photo taken together very often so when we do I have to share them.  These pictures were taken last Friday night during a camping trip with my parents.  We were just finishing off the night with some S'mores (YUMMMMMMM!)  when Bird offered to take a few shots of Yaya and I together.  I am so happy he did.  We both look a little goofy in them but then again we ARE goofy so it fits. 


The happiest momma in the world. 

 I just adore the look on my "Little Smoochie's" face in the picture below.  I could just kiss and squeeze her til her head pops off I love her so much.  Yaya has fallen in love with my new name for her and she's started calling me her "Little Momma Smoochie." She informed Bird he can't be a "Smoochie" because he's not a girl.  When he asked what his name could be she decided "Huggie" was a good name for him.  This kid cracks me up!

6 comments:

Bettina said...

Oh, I love that last one, of course, they are precious! She is growing up sooo fast!

Nichole said...

I love the last picture too....she looks so content and happy. I the love the second to last picture too.....because you look so content and happy :o)

gramma2many said...

Too sweet!! I love them all:) Sticky goo and all.

The Lovely One said...

Mmmmm.... s'mores!

I love your new blog header!

Renata said...

What beautiful pictures - the bond between a mother & daughter is very special!
Hope you have a great week
Renata:)

Sissy said...

Those are really great shots of the two of you and Yaya is getting to be such a little lady! WOW.