Friday afternoon, my girlfriend came over to buy some of my photocards and let our kids play for awhile. It was such a nice day we decided to hang out in the back yard. At some point, Aisha came and asked me if she could pick some of my roses. I gave her permission and got out my scissors for them to start snipping away. Here are a few things they did with them.
Their Fairy Ring
The adorable couple on their wedding day.
They put flowers in their hair.
When Bird came home Yaya couldn't wait to take him out back to show him all the flower petals on the ground. When she did I heard him cautiously say, "Yaya, It looks like you had fun but did mommy say you could cut all her flowers?" Yaya replied, "Yup, momma said we could cut any flowers we liked." I could hear his sigh of relief from all the way in the house and then his laughter began.
Here's just a taste of what it looked like on a small portion of our back patio and sidewalk. The ground was COVERED in red, peach, yellow and pink rose and geranium petals. It looked like a flower massacre had taken place. Believe it or not, this was after some of them had been picked up!
Just for fun I thought I would share some photos of how my roses looked before they were picked and enjoyed to the fullest by three little girls.
Yaya can't wait for new flowers to bloom so she can have fun all over again.
7 comments:
You are such a GREAT MOM! Those girls will think of that afternoon forEVER! Man I wish I was a little girl enjoying those beautiful flowers. How much work are they for you?? Man, I am so impressed.
<3
Karin,
The roses are so easy. I don't do a thing other than cut them back in the fall and spray them for aphids. Actually, I tell our landlords when they need to be sprayed for bugs and they take care of it. They get pretty much full sun all day year round.
Your roses are
almost as gorgeous
as your blog header,
Frizzy! I love your
relaxed style with
the girls. I'm not
sure I'd have been
as willing to go along
with all the cutting.
I need to work on that
and go more with the
flow! Love this.
xx Suzanne
Ok. I offically have rose envy!!
Oh my gosh...beautiful flowers! I love those pink & peach roses.. so pretty!! And what a great mama you are to let the girls play with them all :o)
Oh Frizzy - how I wish I could come & visit & smell some of those beautiful roses. I love roses & miss my old rose garden from Qld - my rose growing efforts here haven't been very successful - oh well one day I'll work out this silly climate!
Have a wonderful day
Renata:)
I am in awe of all those roses and the variety and the colors! And I could nearly hear Bird's sigh of relief in your description... :)
Post a Comment