A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tender Moments with Yaya

I can't get over how much our little girl is growing up.  She's changing so fast it's often hard to process it all.  I hear the changes in her voice and the way she is processing the things she sees and learns.  Sometimes I'm absolutely amazed by how beautiful she is not just her looks but her spirit too.  There are moments when it shines so bright my chest bursts with pride.  One of those moments occured this morning on the way to school.  She reminded me I had forgotten to put the armrest of her carseat down.  I apologized and admitted my mistake and said mommies aren't perfect.  Her response was, "It's ok momma.  I'm not perfect eider but you're perfect for me."  Her sweet words struck me in my core and I got all teary eyed.  I told her how much I loved her and how I thought she was perfect for me too.  When she saw the tears in my eyes and heard the quiver in my voice she sighed and said, "UGH!  MOMMA!  You don't have to CRY!   I don't like it when you cry even if dey're happy tears." 

It's hard not to become emotional between tender and funny moments like that. Especially when you combine her sweet words with precious memories like these dance photos I took yesterday.   



I took this one for good measure.  I have no idea what she was doing but it certainly wasn't following her instructor.  There's never a dull moment with Yaya around.

5 comments:

Wisconsin Girl said...

Love this:)

Rebecca Jo said...

OK... I want to cry now...

You all are just perfect for each other -no doubt...

& I will go cry now :) happy tears

gramma2many said...

Hugs, kisses and love to you three:)
She grows more and more adorable every day!!

Susie said...

I love those beautiful moments!! They make all the hard work totally worth it!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

sweet, sweet girl. x2

perfect, flawed, perfect together.

kJ