A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A House Guest!

I am so excited to welcome one of my best friends to our home tomorrow. We haven't seen her since our trip to KC last March and we've been counting down the days til her arrival.  Some of you may remember Kerry was my Maid of Honor.  I couldn't imagine life without her!

  While she's here we'll be celebrating her 40th Birthday in style!  We have lots of fun things planned.  The big question is, How much can we possibly cram into 3 1/2 days?  So much to do so little time.

We've all been doing our part to get ready for her arrival.  Bird and I did a little "Spring cleaning." Since the house is in tip top shape I thought I'd give you a tour. Welcome to our home! 
This is our formal dining room.  

 Yaya has been planning what movies she'll watch while snuggling in her favorite recliner with her "aunt" Kerry.  I'm actually a little shocked Bird hasn't challenged me to a few games to prepare for her arrival.  There's no doubt we'll play a game or two of Blockus, Scrabble or cards. It'll be nice listening to Kerry and Bird's endless exchange of smack talk while relaxing in our living room.  They're a laugh a second those two.

This is our living room.

We did some rearranging last weekend before my Stampin Up party and I have to say I'm thrilled to have our wrought iron table back in the kitchen instead of our formal table. It seems to make more sense in here.  Any suggestions on what I should make for dinner? 

One more question, why can't kitchens stay this clean longer than 5 minutes?

I'm not sure who's more excited about Kerry's arrival Yaya or me. 

8 comments:

Nichole said...

Hope you ladies have a great time!

Thanks for the house tour :o) I love seeing people's homes. Our kitchen never stays clean for long either.

gramma2many said...

Have so much fun. Will look forward to fun stories about your exploits:)

Rebecca Jo said...

My house stays clean for about all of 5 minutes... & then the "dirtying" process starts all over :)

I love the dog stretching in the dining room picture :)

cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cat said...

Hope you have a great time and thanks for the tour. Oooo, that last pic of Yaya is stunning.

John said...

WOW! Have fun!!!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

WOW! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Hope you have an awesome visit! I'm so glad I got to see your house (& your family!) in person before this post. :-) Have a great week!