A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pain and Suffering

People around me are hurting.  Their hearts are breaking, their loved ones are sick and in some cases they are grieving the death of someone very dear.  As a result I'm seeing and feeling raw emotions.  We each deal with these things differently.  Some people clam up and stuff our feelings down deep.  Some people try to avoid thinking or talking about their pain or worry at all cost.  Some people cry a lot because we can think of nothing else.  Some seek peace in scripture and God.  Some become angry and bitter while others seek comfort in the arms of a friend or loved one.

The thing is, no matter how we have learned to cope with our hurts, we inevitably will feel the pain.  There is no escape.  Some will feel the pain today and others may not be able to face it until tomorrow or the day after.  The thing I take comfort in is God is always present, ready and waiting to comfort us when we finally cry out to him.  It is in that moment he alone can bring us the comfort and healing our hearts and spirits so desperately need.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The song I've linked below is one which reaches into my heart and speaks to my soul.  I take comfort in knowing my friends and loved ones are in God's hands.  I am hurting and grieving with them now but someday soon I will rejoice when their time of suffering has ended and their hope and faith has been restored.   

6 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

You are the most beautiful sensitive person I know.
I went to my blog, looked at mothers picture, and dissolved into tears.
Saw your blog on my sidebar, come over here and find your beautiful message. I love you so much and am so thankful that I have been blessed with your friendship.

Gina said...

That one will definitely be on the soundtrack of my life.
I go along thinking I am just fine- and then something like that song undoes me.
I spent all day yesterday wondering what was going on in Libby's little heart as she celebrated her first birthday without her great grandma, and all day today wondering if my mom has gotten into her car to go to her house yet.

Renata said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing

Rebecca Jo said...

That video has started out my morning in tears...

so many people in this world hurting...

But God is near to the broken hearted...

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

thank you today for that.
k

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for this.