A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Picture Perfect Memories II

Due to the low turnout for Fab 5 Friday/Picture Perfect Memories I've decided we don't need a linky tool.  If you are playing along leave a comment letting us know so everyone can be sure to stop by and see what fun photos you have to share. 

Sunday night, we enjoyed dinner at my parent's house and my dad shared some leftover party favors from work for Yaya to get creative with.  I'm not sure who had more fun creating and ultimately playing with these Mardi Gras masks and beads us or her.   

I was able to be in a few photos this week!  Yahoo!  Now that's a reason to celebrate!

Yaya's face is so expressive and honestly she's such a drama queen that I couldn't resist snapping these shots and sharing them here today. 

She had fun putting on a show for us this week.  I wish I had logged the number of hours she's spent BOUNCING on this trampoline.  To be honest, it was more than a bit tricky trying to capture her in action without each shot looking like a giant blur.  She had fun performing her tricks for her babies, Bird and I and was kind enough to take a bow AND sign autographs when she was done. Like I said, "DRAMA QUEEN!" 

I had to give you a closer look at this one so you can see the spooky effect I caught.  Reminds me one Shannon took and shared HERE a few weeks ago. 

 During our quiet time, Yaya and I have enjoyed putting puzzles together.  It's funny how she can't get enough of them for awhile then won't play with them again for months at a time.  I'm thankful she decided to get them back out again because we shared quite a few hugs and snuggles while putting pieces together this week.

Of all the pictures and moments we shared this week, I think this one has to be my favorite.  That sweet tender little smile gets me every time.

5 comments:

Wisconsin Girl said...

Love seeing these glimpses of your life:) That trampoline looks so fun and thought of one for Sam many times. We have the big one out back that we need to get sides for this year, but something like that during the winter would be great. Not sure of the ceramic pics on the wall behind the trampoline though:0 Missing you all and wishing we were SO much closer!

Gramma 2 Many said...

So, I came over to link up and there is no Linky!!! Now I will go ooh and aah over the pictures. And take time to open the card that just came in my mail. Love you.

Shannon said...

I know I said I'd participate this week...

but the past 7 days didn't exactly go as planned.



The last pic of you and Yaya is so precious.

Renata said...

What a beautiful mother & daughter you are there! My kids love trampolines - although one that size wouldn't last very long in this house! That photo is very cool- love the effect!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend
Renata:)

cat said...

Great memories and moments captured my friend.