A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Cherished Christmas Memories

Yaya's preschool Christmas program.
   
Our 2nd Annual Gingerbread Party.
 Bird has wanted to take us to Multnomah Falls, Oregon for years.  What a breathtaking place to visit!

A cozy day with Evy and her family.

Game nights with Bird's family. 

Silent Night during Christmas Eve Candlelight service.

Boppy, Bo, Kendall, Yaya and McKenna

Yaya's Christmas gift from Bo and Boppy.

Christmas morning.  Learning they're going to Disney in March.

Aunt Allison, Kendall and McKenna

40th Annual Christmas morning brunch hosted by the Grubbs.
  

Hunting for shells along the water's edge near Bo and Boppy's.  

2 of 7 Heavenly rainbows we gazed upon over Christmas vacation.  Can you see the second one just to the right?
 

Heading home we avoided some nasty weather by stopping at a hotel over night.

Enjoying the aftermath of the snow storm at Mt. Shasta.

Stretch break at the Sundial bridge in Northern CA.

New Year's Eve at Nana and Pappy's.
I wonder what wonderful blessings lay ahead of us in 2011?

7 comments:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I love to see your life through the blog. How did anyone stay in touch for all the years prior to this decade? Love you!
k

Shannon said...

Look at all these wonderful photos!

Here's to a fabulous 2011!

Nichole said...

You have been one busy lady!

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas season.

My first though when I saw the OR picture was "Oh my". What a gorgeous place to visit!

Rebecca Jo said...

That last picture is GORGEOUS! A family pic that needs to be framed!!!

I'm drooling here... you saw MWSmith ... AND you're going to Disney? I'm sitting here in complete jealousy! :)

Susie said...

Looks like you had a beautiful Christmas!

The Lovely One said...

I've lived here all my life, and I've never seen that sundial bridge! Off to google it right now!

cat said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!