I can't believe we pulled it off but somehow we finally talked Yaya out of being a Blutterfly AGAIN for Halloween. It wasn't easy!
I realized she had a new favorite song she had to hear each time we got into the car. I waited to spring my idea on her until the perfect moment while the song was playing. Thankfully she loved it and couldn't wait! The best part about the costume was it didn't cost a thing. We re-used the outfit from her ballet recital and borrowed her friend's lace bonnet. Bird made her shepherd's hook from a cardboard wrapping paper tube, a coat hanger, white tape and a pink ribbon we saved from her baby shower. He also suggested she carry her little prayer lamb from when she was a baby.
Voila! Little Bo Peep!
In years past we had gone to the zoo for Halloween and she spent the night dancing instead of trick or treating. Trick or treating with a few of her best buddies was too exciting to pass up this year! 
"Trick or Treat. Hi! I'm Little Bo Peep!" were the words we heard at every door. I wonder what she'll want to be next year?
"Trick or Treat. Hi! I'm Little Bo Peep!" were the words we heard at every door. I wonder what she'll want to be next year?
P.S. At 5:13 PM today I was thinking about the baby we're waiting on and I looked up to see a rainbow in the sky. There was no rain and it was only a sliver of a rainbow so I could very easily have missed it but I didn't. I told Bird, Boppy (Bird's dad is with us this week) and Yaya. The portion of the rainbow was small enough Boppy was the only other person to see it. I wonder whose prayers were answered today. Could they have been ours?
8 comments:
One of the very cutest costumes I have seen. My favorite to visit me this year was two little girls dressed as Dorothy. They were not together. One was about five and the other about three.
I was so excited when you guys called tonight. I was hoping it was to tell me your prayers had been answered. It is going to happen:)
I really mean it when I tell you to let me know what works for you. We are flexible. Just so excited to see you. Let me know.
Love you.
She is so so cute!! Love the outfit. She has the best smile.
that is the most adorable little costume! So girly! The hat is perfect with it too!!!
Hi Frizzy :) , Your photos and design at the top of your site are SOOOOO WONDERFUL. Breathtaking! I hope all is well with you and yours. As always, I join you in your prayers (and in those of all who saw that rainbow.) <3, aspiring f.o.o.L.
I love Yaya's pose in the pic with just her and her pumpkin bucket! Perfect costume!
She is the cutest Little Bo Peep I've ever seen!!!
I hope your prayer is the one that was answered. =)
I love that rainbow thought.
She looked so absolutely adorable!
Oh that is adorable! What a beautiful little girl! I pray on rainbows for you too!
Post a Comment