We had such a wonderful weekend we all hated to see it end. Friday night we snuggled into our home and enjoyed listening to the rain fall outside. I also made a big batch of chili and we shared a fun family game night together. Go Fish and Dominos were Yaya's choices for the evening.
First thing Saturday morning we met some friends at a harvest festival in town. Yaya had a blast playing with Cecily and Casey.
I can't get over how much he's grown and changed in a year's time. Last spring he was just learning to crawl and walk not to mention trying desperately to keep up with his big sister and her friends. I'm betting before long they'll all be chasing him around.
What is a festival without a magic act? This was Yaya's first time seeing a real magician. He must have been pretty good because he had everyone's complete attention.
The rain started again around 1:30 that afternoon and after playing in it for awhile we decided it was time to take cover. Nothing warms your body up faster than sharing a cup of hot cocoa with someone you love.
Saturday night we stayed home again and played dress-up with Yaya and the dogs. Yes the dogs dressed up too. (I'll post pictures of Zizi another day. She deserves a post all to herself after what we put her through.) I could be wrong but I think Ellie actually enjoyed wearing these bunny ears.
Sunday morning we woke up bright and early for church. Then, we spent the afternoon baking 4 dozen cupcakes for the cake walk at our church's harvest carnival. Some of my favorite childhood memories were spent with my mom baking in the kitchen. I hope Yaya feels the same some day. She's getting to be quite the little chef. She helped me add all the ingredients, stir the batter, make the cinnamon cream cheese frosting and put the sugar decorations on top of every one of these cupcakes.
After a quick nap it was time to dress up for the carnival. Yaya insisted on being a "Blutterfly" one more time. I love that she is so easy to make happy. I hope it stays this way as she grows up.
We had tons of fun playing games, cake walking, jumping in jumpy castles, trick or treating from room to room, hanging with friends and pappy at the church. It was the perfect way to end the perfect family weekend.
5 comments:
Looks like a great weekend! What a life you have:-)
We had so much fun spending time with you. The pictures(like always)are great!
What a beautiful little girl!! I love her sweet costume.
You are so good at building great memories for YaYa.
What a fantastic special weekend. Love it when those happen. Love that you baked with Yaya...that frosting sounds WONDERFUL!!! And that picture of Ellie is SO funny. She does look happy:) Can't wait to see you guys. Wish some of those festivals were still going on when we come. Sam enjoyed looking at the pics. I'm showing him Nevaeh so he knows her when he sees her.
Post a Comment