A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

In the Silence

I know you all have been waiting for an update.  We appreciate each and every one of you for your calls, emails and prayers.  It is with deepest remorse we write this. We've prayed, talked, and sought counsel about this. We've done everything possible to make it feel right.  Some of you may not understand but we've said no for reasons even we do not completely understand. This is not the answer we hoped for but we know it is right. There is another family meant for this precious baby but it is not ours. We're devastated beyond belief. We ask for your understanding and prayers as we grieve.

Click below to read more.
I Think I Knew

11 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

I love you.

Mindy said...

Hugs!

Susanne said...

I am so sorry. We have had two failed adoptions, both because the Mom's decided to parent. I have to tell you for the second one, we felt exactly the way you described. Unlike you, we didn't have the strength to say no. How could we possibly turn down a child? We knew it wasn't right. My heart aches for you. No matter if it's the right decision or not, it still hurts. Know I'm thinking of you.

Renata said...

Praying for you
((Hugs))
Renata

Susie said...

I am so sorry you had to come to such a disappointing decision however, having the courage to make it proves that you are awesome parents and doing what is right for your family!

Prudence Arcadia said...

After thinking about this (from FB) and letting it sink in, I think, I do understand. I do understand your decision. I do understand that no matter how hard you try, it is not meant to be. You can't force some things. You went with your feelings and for that I support you always. Love you my friend. I will continue to pray for you. *HUGS*

Rebecca Jo said...

I think that is a wonderful thing... that you know what is best for your family & are strong enough to carry that out...

And for giving another family the chance to have this baby in their family...

I'm sure God is going to lead this little one where He wants him...

Now, its just being patient for the child God wants in your arms! :)

Bug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

As I said to you on FB, you are amazingly brave and I am so proud of you for trusting in Him that it is the right decision. HUGE HUGS!

Just Lisa said...

It is such a hard decision to make, but I think it is amazingly brave and unselfish to know when an adoption situation isn't right for you and your family. I'll be thinking of you!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

ditto Gramma.
Ditto Mindy.
Ditto Renata.
Ditto Susie.
and Rebecca Jo and Therese and Lisa.

What they said.

...

I don't know that you followed your heart. Your heart is breaking. I think you followed Jesus. And His heart is breaking for you too. But He knows why. And He rejoices for other reasons He hasn't shown yet. To us. But to someone else. Ours is only to trust Him. And know that because you love Him, He is going to make This good.

That's what I know.