A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Just Can't Control Myself

Ok, Here's our BIG secret. We've been chosen by a birthmom and we might meet him today. Yes HIM!

The biggest news is We could POSSIBLY bring HIM home THIS FRIDAY. TWO Days FROM NOW!

We ask for you prayers please for us and his birth mom today. She is scheduled to relinquish her rights at 11:00 AM this morning. Please keep her in your prayers as she is alone. Please keep us in your prayers for God to open or close this door if it's not HIS plan. There is a lot for us to consider and we want to be sure we are the right parents for him and his needs.  Like with Yaya, we are praying like mad and haven't thought of anything else let alone slept a wink since hearing the news at 1:30 yesterday after my women's Bible study.

SQUEEEEEEE! 

Click the link below for the next stage in our adoption.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh.. I am sending prayers & well wishes your way... please keep us posted... I can only imagine how excited you must be....

Hugs..from Norway

BBB said...

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I seriously GASPED out loud...

Totally lifting up prayers for EVERYONE in the stituation... keep us updated...

Oh my.. I have to gasp again!!!

Susanne said...

I just fell out of my chair. Oh my goodness! This is incredible. I can't wait to hear more. When will you know for sure?

Prayers sent.

Bug said...

EVERY TIME I get the chance to stop and really think about this....I tear up! I am SO EXCITED for you all! I know it isn't 'Sally' but I am just tickled pink or should I say BLUE for you! I have been so excited ever since I chatted with you! LOTs of prayers being said for you all! Can't wait to talk to you and see if the meeting happened and what Gods answers are for you all! I just can't control how happy I am for you all right now! :)

Dawn said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm sooo glad I was able to get online and look at blogs today. This is such exciting news. I couldn't be happier for you and your family. Praying everything is of God's will!!!

Gina said...

SQUEEEEEEEE!
I am holding my breath for you.

Nichole said...

I just got goosebumps from reading that! I'm so excited for you guys! Praying for you all too!

Gramma 2 Many said...

I can hardly wait!!!!!
Christmas is just around the corner:)

Susie said...

That is FANTASTIC news!!! Congratulations!!!!

Just Lisa said...

YIKES!!!!! That's awesome! A baby boy! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all the details!

Yes, I wish you lived next door, too! I think you should move! The house across the street is for sale!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Can't wait to get the final word. A Newborn!!! Oh my stars. So excited for you. Wanna come to west NOW!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Ahhh, I already spilled my emotions on FB. Ahhh, I also wish you lived next door to me. Actually, I often wish this!! See how loved you are? And we are all praying for you! I also want to thank this birthmom for being a brave soul. I hope to hear news, good news and I am still praying, hoping, and trusting in Heaven.

Renata said...

Oh this is just so exciting!!!! Praying it all goes smoothly.
Renata:)

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Oh My Word!!! I am so so so happy for you (seriously...goose bumps and all). How exciting!!!

I hope all goes smoothly for you the next few days!!