A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Feeling A Little Too Exposed

See that block on bottom right side of my blog that shows where all my readers are from?  I know where my friends live and where they read my blog but I'm starting to see repeat readers from the United States and across the world who come back over and over direct yet don't leave comments.  This gives me a bit of an uneasy feeling.

I began this blog shortly after we adopted Yaya to share photos of  her with our friends and family.  As a military family, we weren't able to live close to them and we didn't want them to miss out on her milestones.  Starting this blog offered a way to share special moments through pictures and stories.  I especially liked that family or friends could read about us when their life and time permitted. To be completely honest, it never occurred to me people I didn't know would read our blog once let alone care to read about our family time and time again. 

Thanks to blogging I've found I'm not alone in my feelings regarding marriage, friendship, motherhood, infertility, adoption, spirituality and life in general. I've also met some pretty wonderful women here BUT I do have concerns about how much I share.  I want to be honest so others experiencing infertility or  considering adoption know what all it entails.  I want potential birth families to know what their child's life would be like should they choose us or another couple who want nothing more than the chance to become parents.  I want this blog to be open and I'd hate to make this blog a private blog, where only invited users could view it after providing a password.   That said, I also want to have an idea WHO my readers are and what they like about my blog.

If you are a regular reader (or just passing through), would you leave me a little comment?  If you're a repeat reader could you please share a bit about yourself, where you're from and what it is that makes you return to this blog? It would be much appreciated.

26 comments:

Susie said...

You know me. I have been reading you forever:-) I love your family and your material!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a new reader. my name is angie, i have a little girl who is 3, will be 4 this november. just started reading blogs of other moms to get good ideas and just relate! I am from va.

Frizzy said...

Susie,
I think you and I started blogging around the same time. Look at how you and your blog(s) have grown and changed! Love ya girl!

Angie,
Welcome to blog land! Thank you for sharing and commenting. It's nice to meet you. I hope to learn more about you in the future and of course I hope you enjoy all that blogging has to offer.

Rebecca Jo said...

You know me - I'm always around! :) From the Louisville, KY area... & I always come back because I just love your honesty - love watching the lovely young lady your Yaya is becoming - love your encouragement you give me... all in all, I think you & your family is pretty awesome! :)

Bettina said...

You sooooo know me :) and you know I am traveling but lately I am showing from MO...you really never know where I might tune in from :) BTW my MiB is NOT your reader from SW Asia...I ask him, sorry!

Crystal Escobar said...

I always leave a comment when I visit a blog, so you can find out who I am :) I know what you mean though. I get the same thing. I always wonder WHO they are.
Love your blog, it would be a bummer to make it private, although I understand why you'd want to make it private. I have a family blog that's private, that's where I post all the pics of my kids. I just try not to mention any real personal information on my blog, like where we live, what school my daughter goes to and stuff like that.

Nichole said...

Isn't it crazy to see those random cities and countries show up?! I wish people commented more too but I'm an offender of that too...

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

oh dear me...I am a culprit - these days I don't comment as often as I should, but I promise I am a faithful reader :)

Renata said...

You know that I enjoy your blog & read as often as I can.
It's when you get strange followers (weird pictures etc) - that's what freaks me out about this blogging thing.

Mindy said...

This post sounds a little familiar - good job on going ahead with it though! Well you know me and I love to read your blog because we don't seem to find much time to chat in person for more than a "hi" and "goodbye" so this keeps me up to date somewhat on how you and your family are doing.

Gramma 2 Many said...

I was here!!

Just Lisa said...

You know me. I read every time you post, but I rarely comment. One of the things I love about you is that you always comment on my posts!

You work hard to make yourself pretty anonymous, so don't be afraid to let it all once in awhile and open up your heart to the blog world!

Bug said...

Love ya my dear, dear, friend! I know what you mean here. I think that is one reason that I don't blog as much. I have you that leaves comments and that is pretty much it. But then again, I don't think I have too many people really even looking at it anymore! My business really isn't that exciting! :)

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

hey! Im an on and off again blogger! I just love reading blogs of adoptive and foster families...ya know... i thought it was awesome when i got your for that gift swap:)

Prudence Arcadia said...

Well we've known each other since Dec 2002!
Has all my paranoia made you think about some things? Well, that feedjit will show some who just happen to surf in, they may not necessarily spying on you, it's just that if you Google certain words and your blog pops up. But yea, some may be phishing for info. I think you can anonymous without sacrificing loyal readers, but that is my "I love you my friend and want you to be safe" side coming out. Perhaps that is why I only have a few followers, no one wants to read some blog with no pictures. It is the same with Facebook, since I do not post pictures, (and pics from a phone could expose exactly where you are in coordinates) no one (well, except you) pays any attention to my posts so I rarely post there anymore. I posted a pic of a cake a few days ago and everyone was commenting like crazy. Pfft.

Your posting of pics does scare me, knowing that anyone can see them, but that is my opinion. A friend of mine once told me that I am far too pessimistic, too un-trusting of strangers. After all, there are many folks out there are nice, with nothing but good intentions. However, there are those who are horrid human beings & ruin it for all of us.

I truly believe you can tell your story without posting pictures, or your location.

But again, that is my opinion.

Wisconsin Girl said...

Love the new header....I need to work on that! Love ya:)

Jane said...

Hello! I found your blog through one of your blog friends. Don't worry, I'm no stalker. lol! Reading blogs is so therapeutic for me. Makes me feel that I am not the only SAHM dealing with so many issues all at once. Keep the posts coming.

Bug said...

I LOVE the new header! So precious!!

Gina said...

Hi.
My name is Gina.
I lurk a lot.
A lot more than I comment.
Do you love me anyway?

LaceFace said...

I am a reader, though not a frequent commenter. This is probably the case with a lot of people who stop by! We are just lazy!

BBB said...

I read.

I lurk.

I think I show up as being from St. Louis. Which is weird.

And I comment... sometimes... I will try to do better!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I am the Blond Duck! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Our birds are true loves, remember?

Trish said...

It's me. Trish. Evy's daughter. Visiting from Bethel,AK. I sometimes stop by here when your link catches my eye on my mom's blog but I'm not much of a commentor. So, now you know, when you see Bethel, AK, it's likely me. Until I move to a new village......

Christall said...

its me, christall.....Love you guys. Just checking in for updates. <3

Anonymous said...

You know who I am!!!