Sunday, August 22, 2010
Calgon Take Me Away!
I woke up this morning with a happy heart. It seemed Yaya did too. Right away she politely asked me to make her breakfast. When she was finished she asked, "May I be excused?" and waited for permission to leave the table. If that wasn't sweet enough she cleared her dishes and even put her napkin in the trash. I gave her a GIGANTIC kiss and praised her for her wonderful manners.
I asked her if she wanted to play together in her room. She excitedly agreed and chose to play her Animal Bingo game and we pieced a wooden puzzle of the United States together. Bird joined in the fun too which made the morning perfect. Before we handed her a piece of the puzzle we told her a story about that state such as, "Mommy was born in the state of New Mexico." or "This is where Allison, Doug, McKenna, Kendall, Bo and Boppy live." She really seemed to enjoy the puzzle and learning about the states and stories about our family or friends who lived in or visited each one. We had so much fun together we decided to take a family walk to Starbucks for coffee, chocolate milk and pastries for a mid morning treat.
As we each prepared to leave the mood of the day took a negative turn. Yaya walked into our bedroom and demanded I brush her hair. Then she rudely informed me I was not welcome to come on her "date" with daddy. I calmly explained it wasn't nice to exclude people and we were going as a family. She could have a "date" with daddy later. "Humpf!" she responded and she stomped out of the room. I reluctantly let it slide... Instead of changing her attitude Yaya must have taken it as her cue to proceed with her naughty attitude and rude behavior which promptly landed her in 3 yes 3 consecutive time outs. So much for our "fun" family morning.
I'm sad to say her attitude has not improved as the day progressed. In fact, she's now in bed for an early nap after kicking our chow, Zizi because she was pretending to be a cat and cats don't like dogs. Um...I DON'T THINK SO! Can someone please help me figure out what happened to my sweet little girl between our morning of games and preparing to go for a special breakfast? Seriously!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like a good start to a Sunday. Too bad the Terribles decided to come out and take over her body. Hopefully a forced nap has helped Yaya turn back into the sweet little one that she is! :)
Love ya
She must be 3! lol
Did she see something on TV. The young people on television are so rude these days and I find my youngest's attitude to decline when she watches certain shows (which is why she is not allowed to watch those shows).
Hope the nap helped and the rest of the day went better!
bwahahahahahahaha!
{{I know that doesn't help ~ except that laughter is the best medicine, right? Right?}}
Top This:
Meiners, while climbing out of the van, passed Pookie's carseat where she had carefully buckled in her American Girl Just-Like-Me doll. Meiners nonchalantly punched the doll in the face before leaping out the door.
?!
Um, yeah. Didn't think so. {{OK, maybe a tie with the whole cat/dog thing}}
k
Whoa. Yup, sounds like a 3 year old. Oh by the way, it does not go away really. My girl is almost 5 and has her Jekyll/Hyde moments too. I actually miss it when she was two. She was a darling when she was two. On days like this I usually say "Kalgan, blow me away!" (yes. In that spelling. Space Mutiny.) It's not enough to just be taken away. I wish you more patience.
Post a Comment