We had a wonderful time celebrating our nation's birthday around the house with family and friends.
In fact, we were giddy with excitement; so much so that Yaya had to do a cheer.
It wouldn't have been the 4th of July without kids throwing poppers,
"Snap Snap Snap Pop"
the foul smell of smoke bombs in the air,
"YUCK! What's that smell?"
From the looks of the above picture you would never guess Yaya had been pouting because the automatic sprinklers came on and got her bear all wet.
They didn't do near the damage to him she and this hose did.
Of course, there has to be at least one injury on the 4th. Though, this may be the first time the injury was caused by something other than a firecracker. Yaya was attacked by a falling broomstick and got a bloody nose.
As you can see, her bloody nose was immediately forgotten at the mention of dessert.
Who would've thought something so simple could be yummy?
The mini pinwheels were especially a hit!
Even the adults couldn't resist making them spin.
We ended the evening with a few fireworks for the adults
Unfortunately, the end of the 4th also meant the end of our two weeks with our company. It's been pretty quiet around our house since the Ansorges left. We look forward to our next visit with them soon. If only we could have talked them into moving here as we had hoped.
11 comments:
That looks like a GREAT way to celebrate the 4th:-)
Yaya is becoming quite the little model!
OUCH for the bloody nose!
Wait... are they then running with the bear through the sprinklers? Poor Mr. Bear
Looks like a perfect 4th of July
That looked like so much fun! You guys are always doing such cool things:) Lucky Yaya and lucky for both of you to be creating such great memories.
Rebecca Jo, Yup! She's running through the hose with the same bear she just had a fit over getting a little water on him from the automatic sprinklers. 10 minutes sooner you would have thought he was melting or something!
Wow, what a John Cougar Mellencampsy type of 4th! I'm so glad you had such fab fun! (and glad Yaya is OK!)
OH, I was talking about you concerning this VERY thing. You see, at one of our Brazilian BBQs all those years ago, several of us Americans were talking about what kinds of food we serve on July 4th to the Italians. You had mentioned you always serve strawberry shortcake. I had never heard of that, we always had watermelon for dessert post-BBQ. I always had that in the back of my mind. This year I acted on it! I bought a DELISH almond flavored shortcake (those big round ones) and served it up well, my style, (I don't add sugar to the berries, just fresh). Hubby and children all dove right in and we all love the new tradition, inspired by you!
Jai, I remember that conversation all those years ago. LOL I am so happy to hear I inspired you with something. Usually it's the other way around. Who woulda thunk it?! So glad to hear it was a hit!
What a GREAT party!!! I almost felt like I was there. And, I certainly wish I was for that dessert. LOL!
Looks like you all had an amazing day. Strawberry shortcake all the way:)
What a wonderful 4th of July! I enjoyed looking at the pictures! I want to know where you found the mini pinwheels! :) What a great idea with the glow in the dark bracelets!
That looks like so much fun... and that dessert???? YUMMY!
I can't believe you've made it this far before the first blood nose. Mine have all managed it before 12 months! BOYS! I'm glad dessert fixed it though, that would hurt.
A great celebration!
Post a Comment