I'm playing along with Therese of Musings of a Mom and her Friday Flashbacks. If you would like to join head on over to her place and let her know.
Bird and I love to take road trips and traveling has been part of our marriage since the very beginning. WE LOVE IT! Recently Yaya seems to have caught our travel bug too. I find this amazing after our long drive to Oregon and then another long trip to Vegas the following weekend. We figured she wouldn't want to see a car again let alone plan a trip in one but she's been packing her toys for trips to Paris, the beach and Vegas. You name the place she's ready to go.
When we travel we try to stop every couple of hours to stretch and use the restroom. Before Bird and Yaya came along I was one who hated to stop. Bird stands 6 feet 5 inches and has a bladder the size of a pea. SERIOUSLY! The good news is we find some pretty cool stops along the way. During one of our recent roadtrips we stumbled upon a little Swedish town. If it's Swedish the town had it from Vikings to Swedish pastries.
Would anyone care for a "little" coffee?
Can I have a turn now daddy? PLEASE!
Yaya has one of these horses in her room but it's a miniature. She couldn't believe there was one big enough to ride. Do you think we have a potential jockey in the family?

Another fun stop we found was this all in one Antique/Cheese Factory/Petting Zoo/Restaurant and Store. Something for everyone. Including this giant gingerbread tree house.
"Little Drummer Girl"
Hey! Who cut the cheese?
I would like one"Shirley Temple" please.
That's one funny looking goat!
"You've got to pucker your lips like dis."
Sorry Yaya. That thing would rot your teeth out.
How about you? Do you enjoy road trips? Where is the best roadside stop you've ever been?
9 comments:
Looks like some definite fun road stops you've made recently! I love road trips, but admit I am a "get to where I'm going as fast as possible" kind of gal. I enjoy the scenery on the way there, but like to stop as little as possible. With little ones now though we have to make a few more stops.
I wish we could take more road trips around the boot (and as you know there's a lot to explore here!). My favorite, though, has to be anywhere that promises great cheese at the end of the road. I see that you all found a great place as well!
I'm glad you guys take the time to enjoy your stops. It looks like you've found some fun places along the way.
I'm the one who would drive staight through if I could. We drove out to Chicago (about 9.5 hrs) last summer. We only stopped twice each way. One potty break and gas stop.
It's funny to hear how many of us like to get in the car and go. FORGET STOPPING! I used to joke that my mission of each trip was to to beat my previous time to any destination.
I wish I liked to travel, but I get so sick, its never enjoyable to me :( I wanna be able to find cute places like that though! Minus the vomiting by the time I get there! EWWWWW....
I love that gingerbread tree house! And those lip suckers are AWESOME!!!!
I love a good road trip! We have one coming up in October.
Thanks for playing!
Ugh! I hate to stop...
I also hate to travel in the car for hours on end with my kids- the sooner we get there and stop touching each other, the sooner I can relax!
WE don't have any great pictures of stops- wait, there are some of a pool in Sacramento!
Wonderful road trip pictures.
Great road trip! We are on one right now:-) Just feed some calves and saw a Buffalo Bill Monument:-)
Post a Comment