A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A little something to look forward to.

We just learned some friends we met while living in Italy will be moving within 4 hours of us. We couldn't be more excited for them or us. To give them an idea of what will be waiting for them I decided to post a few pictures of things to do once they've settled in Monterey this fall.
If you like scenic drives you'll have to check out 17 Mile Drive along the coast. This tree is along the way and is known as "The Lone Cypress." It's supposedly the most photographed tree in the world and the trademark of Pebble Beach Golf Course. This tree is a member of a small grove of Cypress found only in Monterey. What's left of the grove is estimated to be 2000 years old. "The Lone Cypress" is said to represent stability in difficult or weathering times.
Photographed by me in August 2009
You'll also be living near Santa Cruz beach and Boardwalk. Sun, sand, ocean and roller coasters? What could be more fun than that?

Photographed by me in August 2009
While at the beach you never know what kind of friends you might make. See the spot in the center of this photo? It's a sea lion swimming very close to beach goers.
Click on the picture for a better shot.
Feel like taking the boys for a day of exploring the sea and all it's wonders? You'll have to go to Monterey Bay Aquarium. It offers endless opportunities for hands on learning and fun. You can even spend the night in the aquarium if you want to.
If you prefer the mountains, you can drive 4 hours or so to Yosemite National Park or come see us. It's a WIN WIN if you ask me!
If anyone cares to share more things to do in the Monterey area feel free to leave a comment. Would you like to know the crazy small world story of how Arian and I met in Italy and graduated from the same high school only 2 years apart?

10 comments:

Nichole said...

It looks like your friends will have a lot of neat things to see and do once they move. I know I'd be excited about moving there after seeing those pictures :o)

I would like to hear how you two met. It is crazy how small the world seems sometimes!

Mindy said...

Awesome! Love your pictures too! We love to eat at The Lighthouse Cafe down in Pacific Grove and The Fish House is a little whole in the wall place but has delicious food.

Susie said...

Sounds like a perfect place to live!

Just Lisa said...

I love Monterey! Makes me want to go right now~

The Blonde Duck said...

I want to know!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

ok....now I want to move 4 hours away from you - that all looks so beautiful!! And how fun to have people you love moving nearby!!

Debra Kaye said...

You are so precious and just a great photographer!! I can't believe how big Yaya is getting!!

Love ya!

Arian Goodman Johnson said...

You are too cool to post this just for me!!! THANK YOU! I keep hearing it's an amazing place, and now I can see just why. Awesome pictures! And I'm so glad we'll be in the same neck of the woods again - we can't wait to see you guys again - it's been too long!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Oh and of course I would love to know the story!!

Prudence Arcadia said...

These are gorgeous pics! I have an old high school friend of mine who's in WI right now and there are going to move to somewhere around Sacramento soon. I hope she knows what a pretty state she is moving to! I treasure the little time I spent in Nevada City, that was some of the best me time of my life!