A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, June 28, 2010

It's a Small Small World

A week or so ago I mentioned my friend Arian, author of the blog A Time to Love and I asked if any of you would like to know the funny story of how we met. A few of you politely showed interest so I decided I would go ahead and share it today. The first week Bird and I moved to Italy we decided it would be fun to take a bus tour to Salzburg. Unfortunately, the morning of our trip Bird came down with a debilitating migraine leaving me to venture out on my own. While on the bus I sat in front of friendly couple visiting from Utah. During our 4 hour drive to Salzburg I learned all about them and their family. I learned they were visiting their son and daughter-in-law who had just had a baby. I also learned how their son and daughter-in-law met and fell in love. We laughed and talked the entire time. They couldn't have been a sweeter couple and the stories they told about their family couldn't have been more enchanting. A few weeks later Bird came home and told me about a couple he wanted me to meet, yet for some reason we were never able to get together. Fast forward to a crazy expensive home decorating store we had no business in. Every couple of minutes we ran into and made small talk with a man Bird knew from work and his wife. About the 4th or 5th time we bumped into this couple we were formally introduced. It turns out this man and his wife were the couple Bird had been telling me about. Anyway, Arian and I began getting acquainted and it didn't take long before we asked where the other was from. I believe I said, "I'm from Kansas City, Missouri" because nobody ever knows where Lee's Summit is. Arian excitedly replied, "I'm from Blue Springs!" Shocked, we began talking about places we used to go and where we went to school, etc... We couldn't believe it but we had actually graduated from the same high school only 2 years apart. She sat behind my brother in one of her classes AND we had a few mutual friends! Wait there's MORE! Soon after, Bird had a terrifying encounter with a giant swaying fake palm tree that almost fell over and crushed thousands of glass vases causing us to decide it was time to take this reunion elsewhere. We decided it was time to eat and as we walked into the restaurant it dawned on me that THIS WAS THE COUPLE I HEARD ALL ABOUT DURING MY TRIP TO SALZBURG! I immediately asked Arian just to be sure. She couldn't believe I knew so much about them and laughed when she realized I was one of the people they in turn had heard all about after her in-laws returned from their trip to Salzburg. We've shared some pretty special moments with Eric and Arian since then including one of the most memorable Christmas Eve's of our life but that's another story in itself. I have a few other small world stories to share from our travels. Do you have any small world stories you would like to share?

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

that is CRAZY!!!!

I always say dont talk about anyone because more then likely, you're going to know someone who knows them!

A girl at work just said she saw pictures of me from Facebook - I asked how - she said her mom found an old friend from her church - which is MY dear friend today... See? Be careful who you talk about! :)

Susie said...

Isn't that crazy?

Bug said...

I LOVE that story! God works in mysterious ways! :) You all were meant to be friends!

Nichole said...

Wow!...it's funny the way things work sometimes isn't it! What a great story you now have too! :o)

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so funny!

cat said...

That is amazing@

Arian Goodman Johnson said...

Yes, we were definitely meant to be friends!!! I had forgotten about the Salzburg trip twist in our story. The tall, fake swaying palm tree, though, grows taller and taller in my memory each time I picture meeting you! Thanks for being such a blessing to me. So grateful for our memories together. Azzano X definitely must have a post of it's own soon!