A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ROAD TRIP!

I mentioned last month that my mom recently retired from Penney's. In order to celebrate we decided to make my trip back to Vegas a retirement party, as well as, a chance for me to meet our new tenants. I called her little sister, Sue in Reno and her older sister Karolyn in Montana and invited them to join us. Unfortunately Karolyn couldn't make it but Sue brought her daughter Shelby; we made it a mother-daughter retirement weekend. We had a blast! Mom and I don't get much alone time anymore so this was nice to hang out and really catch up. Plus, I love being able to take family and friends to all the cool places to eat and visit in Las Vegas. It's fun knowing some of the insider tips and secrets of Vegas.
The first night we walked the strip and took in the famous Bellagio Conservatory and water show as well as some late night crepes at the Paris. Sue and Shelby hadn't been to either of these casinos before.
The following day we headed off to Mandalay Bay to buy tickets for the Lion King but they were sold out. That didn't stop us from having fun. We took in the Aquarium at Mandalay Bay and we enjoyed lunch at the famous House of Blues.
 
Under the Sea.
Here comes trouble!
I did however score awesome discounted tickets for The Beatles Love Show with my military ID.
We also took in a few yummy restaurants including Samba Brazilian BBQ at the Mirage, Paymon's Mediterranean Cafe and Capriotti's Subs. Doesn't get any better than that folks!
We had a lot of fun and we hope to get together like this again soon.

8 comments:

gramma2many said...

Looks like so much fun. I am thinking you look a lot like your mom:) Did not see it when I was at your house, but I see it in these pictures.

Prudence Arcadia said...

Ahhh, what a blast! I actually own (but of course I do) the Beatles Love CD, but have never seen the show! What fun! Glad you all had it! (the fun, that is!) I love hanging out with my Mom, altho it is usually in the backyard with a drink. Still it is never time wasted! Moms are fab!

Mindy said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! You'll have to let me know the fastest way to get to Vegas from here for a road trip.

Susie said...

How fun!!

Sissy said...

Looks like a fun trip and gift for mom!

cat said...

Hey, that looks like super fun.

Wisconsin Girl said...

You are always having so much fun! On the go to someplace fun. So glad you enjoyed time with your mom and made it a special time for her. I see you still didn't choke on that Capriotti's sub, did you??? Hehe:)
Love ya!

Frizzy said...

Jessica, Don't be a HATER! JEALOUSY WILL GET YOU NOWHERE! LOVE YA FRIEND.