A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

We just returned from a trip to Oregon an hour or two ago. I wanted to be sure and wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day before it ended. Bird, Yaya and I left Wednesday after work to meet his entire family in Bandon, Oregon. We all arrived Thursday within 20 minutes of each other and we had so much fun. We haven't all been on a vacation together since before the grandchildren arrived. IT WAS WONDERFUL! I don't think any of us were ready to come home. Yaya told Bird and I we could just stay there forever. Oh, if only we could. Sigh... Needless to say, reality called us home. I can't wait to get caught up on everyone's blogs. It was crazy being without a computer or internet access for almost 5 days. Good news is I Survived.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Congratulations on surviving 5 days with no computer! :) I kind of enjoy the break I think (but felt a bit disconnected) when we were on vacation down south. Glad you had such a nice trip - Happy Mother's Day!

Susie said...

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you had a good one:-)

Rebecca Jo said...

I have withdraws if I had to go that long without access ;)

Hope YOU had a wonderful Mother's Day, you fantastic mommy you!

Bettina said...

What a great trip! Looking forward to seeing all my family in just a few short weeks!!!

Arian Goodman Johnson said...

Cousins and grandparents are the best! So glad you got to all be together. Wish that could happen more often for us, too.