1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated? Oh where to begin? I am the world’s best procrastinator when there’s something I don’t want to do or am not interested in. Doing the laundry for example.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? Depends on the day and its activities. I’ve been sleeping much better lately. Unfortunately, I no longer sleep through the night. I miss those days.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? I wouldn’t say the current fashion is my style but I’m not someone who keeps up with all that stuff either. I have always preferred to be comfortable over fashionable.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Hmmm, I enjoy serving several dishes and rarely serve the same thing twice to company. I like to be different and try new things. Recently, Bird raved about my Chicken and Rice Curry with Peaches. Can’t really say it’s “mine” as I received the recipe from my sister in law. YUMMY!
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? I’m not an impulse shopper most of the time and if I do make that mistake I find I often end up returning it. Bird and I try to discuss our needs vs. our wants before making purchases. It helps reduce the clutter and our bills. I’ll admit, 2 weeks ago I bought Yaya a cute Tutu from Costco. After I'd seen a few of her classmates wearing them I just HAD to get her one too.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? Regardless of how I die I pray people will celebrate my life not mourn my death.
7. If it's true that joy is found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? Seeing my family smile or laugh together brings me great joy. There’s nothing better than the sound of a child’s guttural laugh. 8. What is your favorite type of bread? Seriously? I have to choose just one? IMPOSSIBLE! I try to stay far away from all of it and only eat it with my sandwich or a hamburger. Can my answer be any bread that’s fresh out of the oven?
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.) I do not want to end up resentful and angry.
10. What trait would you like most to develop? To be happy with myself and my life no matter the circumstance. I want to do all I can to be a positive influence in my children’s life.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? Honestly, my living room/dining room I guess. I’m a collector of things from my life. There are pictures I’ve taken of friends, family and places from my past and present. In addition, I have little trinkets like a pottery dish, a silk rose, a handmade mosaic mirror or framed cards from people who have impacted my life in some special way.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? A wise woman (my mother in law) once told me the importance of letting go of things that drain you of your energy and instead focus on things that make you want to get up and go. I’m not talking about being selfish or doing selfish things. I’m talking about serving others in ways that best fits or compliments your personality and comfort level. You won’t find me volunteering to sit and chat with a group of strangers. However, I’m more than happy to help prepare things behind the scenes for others to have a wonderful time. I’m a people pleaser so this has been a hard lesson to learn but a very valuable one.
FYI, I’ll be posting more about adoption as you requested. Can you give me some insight on what you want to know more about? What specific questions you have?
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a fun meme! It's nice to get to know you better.
I'm interested in the different steps you need to take for your adoption & where you are up to now.
Hope you have a great day
Renata :)
Hey, my friend! Happy Mother's Day! You won the book giveaway on my blog! I need your address!
Email me!!!
Oh no 10 - so important.
Post a Comment