I bet you're wondering why on earth I took pictures of this old building/bar.
Good question. It's not something I would normally take a picture of but this place holds a bit of sentimental history for me. I know, you think I've lost my MIND. Why on earth would an old tin building hold any sort of meaning to me? Well... this building is where Bird and I first met. Back then it was called, "No Place" and it was a country dance hall/bar. Seriously! Would I tease about something like this?
If you want to hear more about it, feel free to read the post I wrote last year about how met.
Are you wondering why I decided to drive by and take a picture? Well, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to do so but since I passed it on the way to and from hanging with Karin I couldn't resist. Plus, Yaya is in a new phase these days. She constantly asks about where she was when we got married or when we were kids. She is really into learning about stuff from our childhoods. I'm talking this girl soaks up old stories about our life and hers like a sponge.
As soon as I turned off the road she asked, "Momma, where are we going?" I said, "Hold on just a second and I'll show you. It's a surprise." When I pulled into the giant parking lot and stopped the car directly in front of the building she asked, "What's in there?" I said, "This is the place where your daddy and I met. It's where your daddy asked me to dance and we fell in love." Yaya's eye's sparkled with excitement and she joyfully exclaimed, "REALLY? YOU MEAN IT? AW! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE WHERE YOU MET! (silence from the back seat) What does Met mean?" After a quick giggle. I explained Met or to meet someone means it's the first time you've seen them. EVER. I put it in terms I felt she could understand and asked her, "Do you know what your new baby looks like? Have we ever seen her?" She shook her head saying, "No." I continued, "That's because we haven't met him or her yet." She got the biggest smile on her face and said, "Mommy, I'm so happy you mmmet daddy. Where did you mmmet me?" She's heard this story a million times but I told her the story of how we met and promised to take her there in May. The rest of the way home she sang a happy little song in the back seat and I sang right along with her.
8 comments:
My first thought was that that building was "No Place" :o)
Very sweet story. That's awesome that she's so interest at a young age!
That's such a sweet mother daughter conversation! Love it!
This is absolutely priceless. the great thing about blogging is that you are also saving all of these precious memories for YaYa.
So sweet - such a neat thing to be able to share your history with her.
What a beautiful conversation!!
Kids are so curious. You are a wonderful mother.
Oh this is so very very sweet.
That is so sweet! The place my husband and I had our first date is no longer there. Now, I wish I would have taken pictures! !
What a beautiful communion between mother and daughter...
(I'd have stopped and soaked up the sight of that building, and taken a photo, too... :) )
Post a Comment