A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Feast or Famine

Good grief! What is it about life that makes you feel you're either going 100 miles a minute or in S L O W M O T I O N? The past few weeks have felt like I'm on fast forward. The crazy thing is, I didn't even see it coming. Between a trip to Vegas, Bird's parents coming, Spring break with all it's fun last minute activities, Easter, my early birthday present to see Michael Buble last night, a trip to Kansas City, MO and our upcoming "FAMILY DAY" I feel like I can't quite keep up here in blog land. I have a ton of stories I want to share now and there are sure to be more to come. I'll be in KC with Yaya and my mom today thru Monday visiting my brother, nephews and friends from high school and/or college. Haven't been back to KC in over 5 years so I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I'll be introducing Yaya to tons of new people as this is her first trip to KC. I know she's going to miss her daddy very much and so will I. Please keep her in your prayers because her daddy is her (mine too) "Prince Charming." She's already told him she'll miss him & doesn't want to go without him. Sweet baby!

7 comments:

Susie said...

That IS sweet:-)

Sissy said...

Fun, fun, fun! I would love to see Michael Buble.

gramma2many said...

Have much fun!! Will you see Karin? Or is she still to far away?

Unknown said...

Ahhh I hear you sister... feel like I have fallen off the face of the earth... never have time to blog anymore...
KC? - I'll be there in June... just missing each other! : (

The Blonde Duck said...

How fun!

cat said...

Oh you went to see Mr Charm himself! I would love to. Enjoy your visit.

aspiring... said...

4/14/10 I absolutely love your line into this post. Good Grief! I hear you, too. Sounds like fun, though, ALL of it. Hope it has been :) ! Looking forward to your accounts of it all when you have time...