Yesterday, we were invited to go roller skating with our friends. I'll admit, I was more than a little apprehensive. I haven't roller skated in a rink in over 23 years. Yaya on the other hand couldn't wait and was full speed ahead as usual showing no fear. It was her first time skating so we started her out with the walking roller skates which don't really roll at all.
If you look closely at the picture below you'll laugh because it appears we both have our eyes closed for fear of falling.
Yaya caught on pretty fast and even laughed at herself when she fell down. It didn't take long to figure out she was ready to move up to the medium speed rolling skates.
Daddy and his little Roller Derby Girl. I am so lucky to have a husband who wants to be involved and present in every part of our daughter's life. He went to work early just so he could watch Yaya skate for the first time during his lunch break. I think he was also curious to see how well I would skate and might have even hoped to see me crash and burn. No such luck! I didn't fall once and he was impressed with both of our skating skills. We hope he'll be able to join us on the rink next time.

No afternoon at the skating rink is complete without a cherry Icee from the snack bar.
Did I mention how strange it was to go to the roller rink and not hear Pac Man Fever even once? Sigh...now I'm really showing my age.
11 comments:
Look at you out there on your skates! It must be so fun for Yaya to have parents that will do activities like that with her!
Happy Easter :o)
a skating rink never goes out of style... Pac Man Fever - cracked up on that one!!!! But I bet they still did the Hokey-pokey!! ;)
Oh that looks like so much fun!!! I remember the days...the hokey pokey in skates - wishing that boy I liked would skate WITH me :)
You all have to do this! Talk about fun! I haven't been so nervous or had so much fun in a long time. My feet aren't too happy with me for strapping them into those skates but such is life.
Rebecca Jo, They might have done the hokey pokey before we arrived but not while we were there. They played the limbo, basket ball and the number game tho.
Liz, I too recall how badly I wished I could couple skate with the boy I liked soon it will be Yaya's turn. I have a feeling she won't be waiting for him to ask her tho. She'll be telling him to "COME ON! LET'S GO SKATE!" He won't even know what hit him. LOL
Ahhh, you two look so cute on your skates! I broke my arm skating when I was in year 12, so I dread the day my kids want to do something so "dangerous". (even though I continued to skate after my arm healed... I'm fickle)
This fall, we went back to the roller rink after 20 years! It was great fun!!
Looks like LOTS of fun!
I miss my childhood days of roller skating!
Hey where did you take your latest profile pic? I love those daffodils!
What a fun day!! You are so totally blessed to have a husband who is so involved with his family.
Thanks for your post - it brings back lots of goooood memories, and some ideas for the near future, too :) !
A blessed Easter season to you and your loved ones, Frizzy...
I love, love, love roller skating, I am sooooo glad you got on skates too, that made it that much more fun for Yaya! YEAH!!! We just happened by a rink here recently and I told MiB we really need to go before we leave!!!! I hope we work it in :) Have fun in KC! If I were there I would drive up to meet you!
Post a Comment