Last week I received a call from a friend at church asking me to speak to our women's Bible study group about waiting on God's timing. I laughed. First from the immediate rush of nerves and second from wondering what on earth I would say. Next, I began praying and praying and praying for God to lead me on what he wanted me to share. I bet you can't guess what my waiting topic was. HARDY HAR HAR! The thing about waiting on God and believing everything will be revealed in HIS time really is exciting and it brings such a peace in your heart. For example, before our 1st adoption I never really paid much attention to "signs." You know, those little internal bells that go off without any rhyme or reason. Like when we heard the song Blackbird on the radio just after meeting Yaya for the first time and how we didn't hear it played on the radio again until an hour before we were scheduled to walk into our adoption agency to begin our second adoption journey. It's little things like that which have us all a twitter. It's in those moments we feel God's reassurance in His plan as if he were telling us, "You were always waiting for this moment to arise." I think I've mentioned how both Bird and I will be thrilled with either a boy or a girl. Yaya on the other hand is convinced she's going to have a baby sister and she has already named her Sally. The first time she mentioned Sally we were on our way out to dinner and Yaya says from the backseat, "Last night I had a wonderful dream. I was playing with my baby sister Sally and we just played and played and played. I love her so much." It was said so matter of fact that it caught us both off guard. You should know we know only one Sally and Yaya has never met her. Ever since that night she asks when her baby Sally will be here all the time. She's even asked why we can't just go pick her up at the baby store. LOL (If only it were that simple.) No amount of discussing the possibility of a baby brother not a baby sister will change her mind. Fast forward to Monday afternoon. We were in the kids section of our local book store when out of nowhere Yaya says, "Mom, Sally is here." as she continues on dancing on the little stage. I looked up at her and asked, "What do you mean?" She said, "I don't know but she's here." I asked her, "Did you just see Sally here in the store with us?" Yaya said, "No. I'm going to be the best big sister ever!" I was once again left feeling...EXCITED. Who knows what it means if anything but I made note of it on my calendar just in case. How about you? Do you listen in times of waiting? Do you pay attention to the things or happenings around you? Do you really pray about God's plan for your life then listen for his answer?
Click the link below to follow
Part 4 of our 2nd adoption Journey
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am getting better but I can definitely say that I need to be more aware to things happening around me.
Yaya gave me chills! How fun! {what if the baby was born or conceived or whatever at that moment! how irrationally cool! and even if not - how cool anyway!} Lysa Terkeurst's Bible study - How to Become More Than A Good Bible Study Girl talks about seeing the little things as gifts from God. Love it!
I agree with Karin! I got chills reading your conversation with Yaya! As for your question at the end...I am trying to learn to listen. I am horrible at it right now. But, I am working on it. I just might have to take a look at the book Karin is talking about. Sounds like a good one!
Love ya!
What if there was a girl in the store who was making the decision to give her baby up for adoption? I think children have a sense we have lost in our adulthood.
Listen? Such a hard thing to do. I am more inclined to jump right in and suffer the consequences later.
This is a beautiful post, very tender, and thought provoking. Love it.
Oh I try to and believe I am getting better.
But Yaya - wow!
Thanks, Frizzy :) ! (I left you a note in return.)
As for your speaking engagement and the material you and God come up with for it, you'll do your part wonderfully. I know this :) .
I'm so sad I was working in childcare and didn't get to hear you speak. I'm sure it was great and I'm glad I found your blog!
Post a Comment