A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Way Back Wednesday

Last week, as we drove to our adoption interview Silent Night came on the radio. I don't know why but it took me back to a day we shared while living and traveling in Europe. More specifically, it took me back to one of our more memorable family trips. In April of 2004 we were traveling with Bird's family around Italy, Austria and Germany in a VW van. On this day, we traveled just outside of Salzburg to find the Silent Night Chapel located in Oberndorf, Salzburg. This is the site/memorial chapel, where the poem Silent Night was put to music and played for the first time. If you would like more history on this chapel and the the song please click HERE or HERE. I'm sure the site will explain how the song came to be much better than I could.
Snow was still on the ground and there wasn't another tourist in site. We had this tiny chapel to ourselves. I can't describe the way I felt standing inside it's tiny walls in April not December. I tried to imagine what it would feel like to be there on Christmas Eve surrounded by fellow Christians singing Silent Night together. I wonder what would happen if the world could actually do such a thing. Would we still fight wars? Would we finally know that we all want the same things? Love, Peace, Faith and a feeling of Security.
(I took a photo similar to this one but mine was too fuzzy to share. I found this photo at SacredDestinations.com/austria/images/silentnight)
I pray that this holiday season you and your families find peace and a feeling of warmth and love like never before.

4 comments:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Frizz,

I finally found the link to that family I told you about on the phone.
http://thewombletimes.blogspot.com/

Also, Cherrie is adopting from China - a 5 year-old.
http://www.owenfamilyjourney.blogspot.com/

Merry Christmas!

k

The Blonde Duck said...

Our little fuzzy ones might have a chick soon...

Gramma 2 Many said...

I do not know how I missed this one. Probably to wrapped up in my own personal drama. This is a beautiful story. I would love to have the opportunity to visit, tour Europe and the Holy Land. You are so right, if we put the principles we sing about into action, this world would be a much better place.
How was your appointment?

Anonymous said...

A most memorable visit to a silent and peaceful place