A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.

William Cullen Bryant wrote those words as he gazed upon God's beauty.
I took the following pictures yesterday and couldn't resist posting a bit of poetry to accompany them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I wish you all a happy fall.
Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees. Faith Baldwin
Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
Emily Bronte

8 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! Thought of you today as I drove past the old Red barn on my way to work.... leaves are starting to change here.. (remember the picture from last fall?) Hope all is well with y'æall

Susie said...

I love those pictures and that is a perfect caption for them!!

Nichole said...

Very pretty!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

how lovely!

Shannon said...

Your photos are fabulous! I especially like the one on the bottom right... love the perspective!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Beautiful pictures and lovely poetry, but I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring:)

cat said...

Ahh, that's so pretty!

tammy said...

We took a drive out to a pumpkin patch yesterday. I love looking out the window at all the changing leaves. :) Great pictures!!