A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

You may be asking yourself...

What happened to Frizzy? She used to write and comment daily sometimes more. Well my friends, I've lost my passion it seems. I feel like I'm so far behind in pictures I'll never get caught up. In addition , the ones I had edited and ready to upload/post were all lost when Dell and Bird reconfigured our computer. In the big scheme of life and what's important losing those pictures was no big deal. Then again, those pictures captured a lot of our life since Yaya joined our family. I've been trying really hard to be a better mom, wife and person. This neck thing has made me rethink my priorities and what is really important. If there would have been something seriously wrong I wouldn't want to look back at my time with regrets. That my friends, is why blogging has taken a bit of a back seat. I hope you all understand and know that even if I don't stop by as often as I used to I'm still here reading about you and commenting or posting when I can. I saw my neurologist again last week. His newest thought is that I may have a strange form of carpal tunnel. In order to rule that out he's going to hook my tendons up to small electrical currents to see how they react. If this test doesn't tell him what he needs to know the next step is to insert needles into my nerves. Neither of these procedures/tests sound like much fun but hopefully an answer to my partial paralysis is near as a result of having them done. Thanks for your prayers.

16 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

hey, we totally understand when things become more important... just dont forget to give us updates on YOU!!! Carpal tunnel??? Weird... hope the tests arent as bad as they sound...

take care of yourself lady! :)

Susie said...

I am glad that you are still around:-) Having a serious situation happen really makes one take stock, doesn't it? Blogging is supposed to be fun and it isn't fun if it takes away from the important things in life:-)

gramma2many said...

Believe me my friend, we all understand. There are times in our lives we just have to set back and reevaluate what is important. Right now important is YOU!! You have my phone number and if you want to call, I am available 24/7
Love you, Evy

Nichole said...

I hope you get some answers soon. I've been thinking about ya.

I think alot of people are blogging less, including myself.

Debra Kaye said...

My sweet friend,

I'm not around so much anymore too because ...well, family comes first and school has started again and I plain just don't feel good. lol

I want you to know that I have had to have both of the tests you are talking about and while they sound horrific...and they are not pleasant...they are not as horrible as they sound.

My sweet friend...I have undergone so many tests and may I share with you what helps me most...I say to myself "this is a moment in time and my Savior is right here with me because He promises to put an easy yoke upon me"...and it almost becomes a mantra to me as I go through it. And I sing my favorite hymns or I just speak the name of Jesus.

Will you email me and let me know when you are having the tests...I'm going to go ahead an put your name on our church prayer list but I want to be praying that day for you.

Be anxious for nothing, my sweet friend......He is with you always!

Love you!

Sissy said...

Love you!

Rowena said...

You just go ahead and take care of yourself and your family. Period. I'm subscribed to your feed so if you should update at random, you're only a click away!

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope everything works out with the neurologist..

take all the time you need.

Wisconsin Girl said...

Life happens and you have to focus on what's most important...YOU! I've been in that same spot myself...kind of disappeared off the map because I just need some me time and can't keep up with all the extras right now. Love ya always have you in my thoughts:)

Susan said...

Totally understand about stepping away from blogging/commenting, I do it sometimes too. No worries though...we're here to read when you post and think of you when you don't. Hope the Dr. can find out what's wrong with your neck without causing you too much discomfort. Keep us posted on your neck so we can keep praying.

Shannon said...

Of course we understand! Your family and yourself should be your top priorities.


I hope the doctors are able to diagnos you soon! Keeping you in my prayers.

Julie said...

not sure if you noticed, but I am the same way... I haven't been on or blogged in over a week. I just miss it for the fact it is my scrapbook and I do get it published at the end of the year, so that is super fun and I want to keep up with it.

praying for your neck...ever since I had Eli, my wrists fall asleep at night and I have circulation issues... so I can relate to "thorns in your side"!!!!

Renata said...

I completely understand the blog thing - it's just impossible to post every day & keep up with my family's needs. Hope you can get an answer to the paralysis soon -praying for you.

cat said...

Oh girl, still keeping you in my prayers.

We understand and I am waiting to hear more from you some time in future.

Anonymous said...

Been there before, and had to adjust my own priorities with facebook, etc. From all that I've read, it seems that your priorities are all in place and that you're doing an incredible job at the things most important in life. Praying that all goes well with the upcoming tests.

See ya

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope everything is still ok!