A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Acting Like a Teenager Again

Earlier this month, a good friend of mine drove up from Vegas to whisk me off into the sunset for a fun girl's trip. The purpose of the trip was to see
in concert not one but two nights in a row. Mountain View, CA the first night and just North of Sacramento the second night. I can't tell you how much fun we had. I don't recall acting that young for quite some time now. What is it about dancing, screaming and singing at the top of your lungs that makes you feel so ALIVE?
After the concert at Mountain View, we drove to San Francisco to spend the night at her time share. As you all know, my family and I love and have visited San Fran many times but we've never spent the night. Sleeping in this city is a real treat. Anne was so funny. She was all worried about an earth quake so she mapped out and counted the steps to the stairs.
We woke up around 9:30 AM showered, packed our bags and headed out to see the sites. Just when I thought her fears of an earthquake were over, Anne asked me what she should do if an earth quake occurred while we walked down the street. She cracks me up! We stopped to grab lunch at a Mediterranean Cafe and lost track of time while talking and catching up so we didn't get to see the sites like we hoped. Around 3:00 we decided we should probably try and get out of town before rush hour. We figured we wouldn't have any problems since we had her handy dandy GPS. HA! That thing took us on all kinds of back roads and in so many circles we were dizzy. I finally shut the thing off and told her how to get home on my own. THANK GOODNESS we had made our way to familiar territory or we might still be stuck in that town.
To say Anne is Def Leppard's biggest fan would be an understatement. She bought tickets to 5 of their concerts in one week alone. She's now seen them 50 something times. I can only boast seeing them three. Cheap Trick and Poison opened for Def Lep. A member of the band Cinderella subbed in for Poison's guitarist. He's the one with the dark black hair and tattoos in the picture below.
Here are a few of my favorite shots. The 1st night we were 5th row just right of the stage. The second night, we were 6th row center.
We waited by the band's busses in hopes of getting their autographs. That meant not crawling into bed until 2:30 AM both nights. FYI, I don't even do that for MY FAVORITE BANDS. Thanks for helping me feel like a teenager again Anne. Are we going to meet in Reno next month and do it all again? I'm sure the other Social Workers attending the NASW Conference won't mind my snoring through the sessions one bit. LOL

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Def Leppard! I hope to see them one day-maybe we could get a group of bloggers and meet in the middle???

Susie said...

How fun is that???

Rebecca Jo said...

Soooo much fun!!! I just saw Def Leppard last year & was in HEAVEN!!!! Love them.. even after all these years! But I say your friend wins the award for biggest fan!

Jen aka Mother said...

I was priveledged to be a part of the early end of that week, and I enjoyed being a teenager again, too. I must say it's more fun being a teenager with your daughter, than the first time around when I was the mother OF that teenage daughter. (She liked to hit the concerts then, too, she just didnt believe in letting anyone know ahead of time!) Anne how many times did you sneak off to California when you were 16 or 17 to see Aerosmith or ???

Gina said...

Really? You did that twice? Why?

Renata said...

I've never heard of Def Leppard!
Looks like you had a fun time though! Sometimes it's good to just get away & have some relaxing "me" time!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Ha!!! That's fantastic. How fun to run around and be a kid again (well maybe a teenager)...

Maddie said...

THAT is a riot! Def Leppard...a blast from the past. I was a Tom Petty and REM gal myself, but I could sing a few Def Leppard songs too;)

peace!
lori

Susan said...

Oh how fun! My husband would have loved that. I like Def Leppard, but not that much....so glad you had a great time. It's wonderful to feel young once in awhile isn't it?

cat said...

Oh gosh, Hunter will be so jealous!