Today, I taught my daughter about ancient cultures.
Where they lived and slept.
How they prepared their food.
How they cooked and shared it with family.
Today, we walked in ancient and fresh footsteps alike.
We found turkey, deer, bunny and squirrel footprints.
Today, we listened to mother nature.
Today, we heard and saw a woodpecker making his home.
Today, a family of deer came near us to drink water.
Today, we saw a hawk's shadow cross over our heads as he soared high above.
Today, the sound of rustling leaves and our giggles floated on the breeze.
Today, was a mother-daughter day to remember and cherish always.
17 comments:
What a happy fun day. I love those kind of memory making days.
oh I love it!! beautiful post beautiful words and sweet pictures:)
What a special day for a very special mother/daughter team! This post made me cry...and made me jealous all at the same time.
Thank you for sharing your day with me!!
Aww...what I fun day. I love mommies like you that make special, memory making days like that.
Okay, seriously, does Yaya come up with some of those pefect poses all by herself? She was made to be in front of the camera. What a special post...day filled with memories. LOVE the last picture of you two! That's one to frame and put in a special place to look at over and over:)
:)
the BEST kind of day.
I can't tell you how important I think nature is to a child. It grounds them in sacred moments. No moment in nature is ever wasted! Good for you. I have the title of a fabulous book, Sharing Nature with Children by Cornell that is well worth reading.
Your daughter is precious! What a fun day you had together!
Thanks for entering my giveaway, Sweets! Good Luck! Lori
What a beautiful day to remember:-)
Oh that is some serious quality time. What a stunning day.
She is sooooo cute! What a fun day learning together. LOVE IT.
Oh my word ... she's getting so big!!!
Those pictures of her on the picnic table with those eyes SQUISHED closed... how precious!
Oh, the memories a mom & daughter day can create!
She's getting so big!! How precious!
Oh, and the song from the gift? I'm glad you thought it was haunting! :) I was sure it was insipid.
What a wonderful post.. looks like you had a great day! How are you feeling?
awww so sweet.
You are a good Mum!
She is adorable!
What a lovely day & some great pictures to remember it by!
It must be amazing seeing deer like that. I've only seen them in zoos!
Post a Comment