A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Do you see what I see?

I've read several blogs lately who've been playing with their Feedjit application and asking questions about it and their readers. As a result, I've decided to do a little further observing to see who is reading my blog and from where. I can figure out who many of you are just by reading your comments on my blog and following yours as well. I met many of you through Debbie at Blog Around the World which was fun and I miss it and her so. I know which family and friends are reading because I see your home or address pop up on the Feedjit map application.
Here is where I get a little weirded out. I don't know why a few readers are following me from industrial parks, empty fields and today a cemetery for crying out loud. I'm not sure what to think about that one so I'll ask you all this...
1. What is the strangest place you've read a blog and why? 2. Where is the strangest place you've found someone reading your blog? 3. If one day I chose to do a "blog call" asking you to tell me your blog name and where you read me would you be OK with that? You wouldn't have to give an exact address just a town/state so when I see a flag pop up there I know it's you.
I would really love to hear your thoughts on this. I also wonder if I should close this blog down and re-open under a new name. I would open it only to known readers only at that point and would ask you to tell me you're interested in continuing to follow me privately.

18 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, you know I'm in Jacksonville. I'm here at your blog most days...sometimes more than once as I get interrupted constantly!
I've not had any strange places....but, I do like to see the search words and phrases people have put into Google and then end up at my blog. One person put "I'm afraid of bread" and got to my blog! Another one was "dog milk duct severed" (ew!)
But my all time favorite was "be not afraid of throwing things away".....hilarious!

Bug said...

I have no problem telling you where I am at. But interestingly enough, tonight it is saying I am in Independence, yet I am in Lee's Summit?! I don't get it????!!!!

I have been bad about following the blog lately. But, I have been busy so I am using that as my excuse for right now! :) I haven't even been keeping up with my own blog lately. Been getting bored with FB lately as well. Crazy isn't it!

Susie said...

I blog from my living room in Brookfield, WI. The strangest place I ever blogged was my mom's ICU room. It took a long time for the doctor to come, she was sleeping and they had wireless access:-)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

hey hun!

i've been kicked off my own statcounter site, so dunno where everyone hails from on my end anymore, except for my live feed...

anyway, i'd follow you to the ends of the earth, sister, but what about those people you would never meet b/c you went undercover? we both met gramma this way ... what a doll! and what a loss had we not opened ourselves up in this seriously sort of strange and yet cool at the same time way??

i never blog anywhere unusual. somewhere in my house. maybe bread co, but i don't think that's really ever happened. and i don't remember the rest of your questions, so there.

guess i'll go see if you're on FB.
lurve ya,.
k

Unknown said...

You know where I am, but it is interesting to see where people hail from. Whenever there is an odd place on my statcounter, Andy pretty much says that they are no-goods scanning for information to use in a scam.

Just Lisa said...

1. What is the strangest place you've read a blog and why?-- Do you mean the location of the blog I was reading? I don't pay attention to that. But if you mean where I was physically was while blogging, I do either from home or from work, neither one are very exciting.
2. Where is the strangest place you've found someone reading your blog? It's always interesting when someone from a foreign country is reading, but I find it strange when someone from my hometown reads.
3. If one day I chose to do a "blog call" asking you to tell me your blog name and where you read me would you be OK with that? You wouldn't have to give an exact address just a town/state so when I see a flag pop up there I know it's you. I would tell YOU where I live (and i'm pretty sure you already know!), but I'd prefer not all of bloggy land knew!

Gina said...

Well, you kinda know all that stuff about me- but I would follow your blog if you went private. I guess not everyone is an exhibitionist....

Gramma 2 Many said...

To the ends of the earth I would follow you, cause you know this blogstalker loves both you and Karin:)
I have not noticed anything wierd on my stats, guess I should pay closer attention.
Just me, gramma in Arlington, waiting for Thanksgiving so I can see you:)
Now that I have a Lap Top, I blog at my dining room table or from the livingroom. Before, I was stuck downstairs in the office. Love being upstairs!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Ben and I saw Hotel for Dogs on Valentine's Day! Isn't it a lovely movie? I thought it was just wonderful!

I cried too. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm from Janesville Wisconsin but it might pop up as Madison? Not sure???

Mummy McTavish said...

WOW, I didn't know you could get such detailed information!

On the live feed thing on peoples blogs Feedjit often says I am in some hick town out the back of nowhere thousands of kilometres away from here which I find strange since I am in one of the largest cities in our state...

To your questions...I read either from the computer at home or on my iPod somewhere with free wifi, I'm not very exciting. I have no idea how to find out where people are reading my blog from but I'd love to know! I would answer your blog call... possibly with a private email or something so it wasn't broadcast for all of blogland but I would answer. And finally... I would stalk, er, um, follow you to your new blog if you let me:)

So if you have someone reading from some sugarcane field in middle-of-nowhere-ville Australia... Feedjit is probably confused and it's just me, in my dining room, in my house, nowhere near a sugarcane field... not so freaky after all!

Shannon said...

I don't have Feedjit... I'm almost afraid to find out where people are reading my blog, LOL! I guess the strangest place I've blogged at is Panera, but that's not really so strange.

When I visit your blog, it has my city/state as Hixson/TN! So that's me! :)

Unknown said...

Mmm.. I will have to think about the strange places I have had readers... But then again feedjit thing is sometimes WAAAAY off... I had a girl leave a comment last week saying she was an expat in China but shows up in LA or something...
Schools here are not too KEEN on volunteering parents... I suggested doing a yearbook in the 1st grade & they all looked at me like I had 3 heads...

tammy said...

I haven't blogged anywhere weird...just here at home.(and that's probably weird enough!!LOL) I don't know that anyone has come to my blog from a weird place. I do have readers from other countries that read, but never comment. That's kind of weird. Why would you go private? I would follow you if you did, but I was just wondering why. I would tell you on a roll call. I'm in Maryland. :)

MaricrisG said...

wow this is a very interesting topic. Never knew Fidjit actually pinpoints where you are exactly. Is it telling you I'm in the bathroom blogging right now? lol - I'll go check this bad boy out.

cat said...

Well you know where I am and I am always amazed at how people find my blog. To be honest, if one goes protected you will miss out on so many nice people you might meet.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Wherefore art thou?
Hast thou been scarest away??

Tammy_Skipper said...

Um, what's Fidgjit and how do I get it. Of course I would follow you and have no problem saying I'm in PA. No one would come to this town on purpose LOL, well except for those of us excited to live near the first Hobby Lobby in PA (opening this fall) LOL!!