A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday Recipe Swap

A few weeks ago my mother in law sent me this wonderful recipe. I finally had the chance to try it out last weekend at my parents annual BBQ. I hope you all will give it a try. It's a wonderful and healthy alternative to the usual pinto bean dip.
Mediterranean Layered Salad or Dip
1 (7 oz. or larger) container of hummus (she likes the Sabra hummus with the sun-dried tomatoes and I used the roasted red pepper hummus)
1 Cup coarsely chopped baby spinach (I rolled the leaves and sliced them into ribbons)
1/2 Cup fresh diced tomatoes
1/2 Cup cucumber (English cucumbers are less wet, have less seeds and the skin can be used)
1/4 Cup red onion, or sweet onion, like Walla Walla
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese crumbles
2 Tbls. Sliced Kalamata olives
Spread hummus and then simply sprinkle all ingredients on top. Can be made ahead of time and the sprinkle tomatoes on top. You can use pita chips, unflavored tortilla chips or veggies to scoop. Be creative.
A few weeks ago, Theresa at The Musings of a Mom started this recipe swap. If you would like to see what recipes bloggers are sharing click over to her blog and add your own name and recipe to the menu.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks so yummy!!! I can't wait to have feta again!

Nichole said...

I'd love to try since I love almost everything in it. I'm scared of hummus though. I've never tried it, I can't bring myself to do it. I don't know if it's the name or the way it looks that puts me off. Any tips on how to lightly dive into the world of hummus?

Nancy said...

Hummus is one of my most favorite things to eat!!! This looks really easy too!

Shannon said...

Love feta, tomatoes and kalamata olives... so I'm pretty sure I'd love this!

Bug said...

This looks wonderful and yummy! Will have to give it a try sometime! Thanks for sharing it! :)

The G' Unit said...

Beverly got this recipe from Donna...it was GREAT...I made it a few times this summer....It is actually making it's debut tonight at a friends bbq!! It is so yummy...I make my own SPICY hummus...I can't wait!!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

It was a hit! I actually didn't even get a bite. So Kudos!