A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yaya's Big Day

How is it possible that our baby girl is 3 years old today?
It just doesn't seem possible. We've watched you grow and change but it all seems to be happening in the blink of an eye. It feels like we just celebrated your 1st birthday with an M&M theme yesterday.
It certainly doesn't seem like a year has passed since we celebrated your 2nd birthday with cupcake cones?
But, here you are on Sunday, blowing out the sparklers and candle for your 3rd birthday. You ask for a sparkly cake you GET a sparkly cake! Tee hee hee.
We are all so proud of the young lady you're already turning into.
Happy, caring, thoughtful, polite, funny and smart are just a few words we hear when people talk about you. Yeah, stubborn might be in there somewhere too. We love you Yaya each and every part of you!
We hope your 3rd birthday is everything you imagined. You, my precious girl are more than we could have ever dreamed of. We have so much to be thankful for today, on your Big Day.

15 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Happy Birthday to Yaya!!!

That IS for SURE a sparkly cake!!!

Terri said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!

Wisconsin Girl said...

Sam is right behind you kiddo! Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Glad to see it was full of smiles and sparklers! Love ya!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

oh so sweet... :)
i lvoe birthdays and what a blessing you have there in her.

Unknown said...

So cute! Happy Birthday!

Susie said...

It looks like she had a GREAT day!!

Nichole said...

Fun cake! Happy Birthday to Yaya!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to that Cutie Patootie!!!!!

Debra Kaye said...

Happy Birthday Yaya! You are sure getting to be such a big girl! I feel like I'm watching you grow up too!

Love ya bunches!

Just Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Yaya!

cat said...

Veels geluk Yaya! (Happy Birthday off course) May your years be blessed beyond words. Gosh Fizzy - she has grown so much and she is such a little beauty.

Mummy McTavish said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAYA!!!!!

Three years old, that's going to be so much fun!

Renata said...

Happy Birthday Yaya!!!!
She's not much younger than my boys & yes time sure does fly!!!
I love the sparkly cake & I bet Yaya did as well!!

Prudence Arcadia said...

ACK! That is an fabulous cake! I am so happy she had such a great day! My dad once told me after I had Momo: "Watch out. It goes by too damn fast." He is right. Every word. It's true. Yaya is a gorgeous little blessing and you are a smashing Mom! Keep on enjoying it all!

Shannon said...

Wow, she is growing up so fast! And into such a pretty thing, too!

Hope she had a wonderful birthday :)