A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We were Gramma 2 Many's 1st Stop...

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to FINALLY meet Gramma 2 Many of Yes, They Are All mine. What's better? We also got to meet her daughter, Gina of A Handful of Life and her daughters, Abigail and Elizabeth. What fun it was! They called me on their way into town and I suggested meeting at my parent's house for pizza and swimming instead of a sit down restaurant. This way the girls could work of some energy after sitting in the car all day. Turns out it was a great plan. The kids all played in the pool until they were drug out kicking and screaming. LOL
I loved finally putting a face and voice with their names and talking more in depth about some of the life events they've shared on their blogs. I learned more in those few hours about them than I could have imagined. I felt like a sponge soaking them and their stories all up. I pray they didn't feel I was a total space cadet! I was just so in awe of them and the fact that they were really here! You know? Honestly I felt a bit star struck! Yeah, it was LIKE THAT!
Turns out, we all felt a craving for watermelon so Bird volunteered to find a really sweet one for us to devour. He did not disappoint us either! Can you see the juices running down Yaya's face, arms and stomach? We all looked very similar to her. ;)
You'll never believe what she said to Gramma 2 Many. "You can't have the big pieces. They're only for the adults." Notice what size slice Yaya is eating? Um, yeah! So, I explained to Yaya, she was not an adult but Gramma 2 Many was! Yaya, sheepishly said, "Oh...you can have a big piece then." That's my girl!
We invited them to stay at our home but in the end they decided to stick with their original plan and head on down the road to San Francisco. (Wonder if they wish they had spent the night after the whole couch in the road incident. ;) YIKES! You wouldn't believe the shocked look on my face the next afternoon when I received Gramma's voicemail telling me they made it safely to San Fran but not until after they'd hit a couch on the Freeway. YES, you read that right. They really did hit a couch in the middle of the Freeway! Want to hear something worse? The Highway patrol knew it was there when they called to report it! What the heck? I was so shocked by her message even Yaya recognized something was wrong by the look on my face. We were relieved they were all OK. Poor car has a band aid or two though.
All couches aside, we had a wonderful visit with them and before they left we had to take pictures. Here we all are getting our camera's ready for "the money shot!"
If you look closely you'll see Yaya in the bottom left corner trying to be an "Adult" again.
It was soo nice to meet you ladies. I only wish we'd taken a shot of the little girls together too. Until we meet again...

9 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

Thanks for the great story. I am in a fog with some kind of flu and not able to write coherently.
It was an amazing visit and we also loved getting to know all of you.
We will be home during Thanksgiving week. The cabin is for Christmas.
Hope we can connect again, would certainly enjoy it.
Until then.....

Susie said...

It's so neat to meet bloggie friends isn't it?

Gina said...

SuperStar!
In my best Molly Shannon voice....
Normal people really would have stayed the night. But we never claimed to be normal- and it made for GREAT blog fodder.

Unknown said...

Looks like it was so much fun! Wish I lived west-maybe we'll venture that way on a road trip sometime!

Prudence Arcadia said...

See? And back in 2004 you thought it was pretty wild to meet someone you met in cyberspace as I did in Italy. It's is quite awesome! Glad you got to visit and so happy they did indeed make it to San Fran...without too much of an incident!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

oh yeah - you can't take away the whole couch thing --- I mean c'mon!

And c'mon! Invite me next time so I can get in on the money shot --- maybe you can photoshop me in Yaya's place. I like to pretend to be an adult, too. (some days more than others...)

k

cat said...

Oh Frizzy, how I'd love to meet you too.

The couch incident - gosh, a bit "Twin peaks" if you know what I mean. Now I have found some more great blogs to read.

Susan said...

How fun!

Sissy said...

I think meeting other bloggers is a really fun thing. We all feel so close on the internet, and then we realize that the USA is one BIG country. Wow. You are so way on the other side of this place!

I would love to meet the Pioneer Woman, Lula and Chickadee and You.