Bird and I agree our next stop was one of the highlights of our trip. We loved each and every part of this day which began by hopping a bus and riding to the top of Palma de Mallorca. It is perched on top of Palma and it's views are simply amazing. Our first stop was to the monastery where Chopin lived and composed his music for several years. The scenery was more breathtaking with each turn and step. Each room of the monastery had it's own unique and private garden.
The pharmacy intrigued me with all it's beautiful Murano jars filled with herbs and medicines. Who knew I had a thing for antique scales.
We toured the rooms where Chopin and his family lived. Many of his things are kept there. Including the items in this window.
Towards the end of the Monastery tour we were treated to a mini concert of Chopin's music. I can assure you, my college Music Appreciation course had nothing on this learning experience.
Our next stop was in Valldemossa for Olive Oil tasting at C'an Det. The tiny streets were a bit challenging even for our driver at times. Here you can see the traffic jam caused at this corner by our bus. Click on the picture and you'll even see people standing outside of their cars making comments. It was quite the experience! Our tour guide ended up hopping off the bus to direct traffic and save the day.
Finally, we made it to C'an Det and not a moment too soon. We were all starving by this time.
Lunch was homemade bread with fresh roasted red and yellow peppers on top, salami, fresh cheese and an almond cake for desert. Fresh wine, orange juice and bottled water were also served. Yummy!
After lunch we walked to the city center and were given free time for shopping and exploring on our own. Can you tell that oranges are a main crop here? Oranges decorated the city everywhere you looked.
Our day ended with an old train ride back down the mountain. Very romantic and the perfect way to end a day that seemed to transport us back in time.
Look what was waiting for us back in our room.
9 comments:
Gosh...you took some amazing pictures!!
That meal sounded AMAZING!!! Ed and I still like to do that some evenings, esp. in summer...a little wine, fresh bread, cheese and salami...nothing better! Except maybe a European coffee:) Love the pic of you in the train!
If I never get there, seeing it through your eyes is almost as good, except no wine. Guess I could buy a bottle and pour a glass before I read your post.
I absolutely love the picture of you looking out the train window.
It must be amazing going there & seeing everything - where Chopin composed - wow!!!
Well you know that I just had to see what those final photos were all about....how cute! I'm going to study that photo and see if I can fashion one today. My husband should get a kick out of it.
That food sounds amazing. Have to go - all of a sudden very hungry.
my goodness... this trip just sounds more & more like a slice of heaven!
What is that thing?!?!?
It looks like you had a fabulous time!
I want yer fuuuuuud!
Oh man, Chopin...that was too sweet!
Gorgeous pics, as per usual!
That towel sculpture was too funny!
Post a Comment