How's that for a bit of humor? Ugh! My doctor made a side comment (almost under his breath) about my partial paralysis possibly being Bell's Palsy. In fact, you all gave me more support and information than he did. HONEST! That said, he did write a referral to a neurologist in the same building. He told me they would call me to set up an appointment. I've been waiting for a call from them before giving you an update. Today, I decided to take matters into my own hands and called them instead of waiting for who knows how long. AMAZING! According to the receptionist, if I had waited for them to call I may not have been able to get in for a couple months. However, because I called them the earliest appointment is August 7Th. Can you imagine? I would love to have Lizzy, Lisa or Gramma 2 Many recap my office visit because I'm sure they would put a comical spin on it like only they can. I however, only get more frustrated the more I think of it. That said, I wish I could borrow any one of their brains for my next appointment so they could help me see the humor in it. Do I have any takers?
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I'll go with you to your next appointment! I'm sure we can put a comical spin on it!
Hugs to you-- I hope everything turns out ok!
So glad you decided to take it in your own hands... that's ridiculous that it would have been MONTHS... WHAT? UGH!
I wish I were close by - I totally go with you & we'd laugh through the whole appointment!!!
BTW - we got those umbrellas through Oriental Trading :)
HUGS
I get nervous giggles in situations like this, so we'd be laughing the whole time! Wish I could go with you...I will pray, though!
Just think what you would be dealing with if Obama care was already in place.
Sorry we live so many miles apart. Would be there in a heartbeat to go with you.
I have been having computer trouble and have not been on to much so I was unaware of your troubles. Be strong and insistant. Do not let them put you into a little box with no answers or explainations.
Love you much.
Gramma
I am not surprised. I fight constantly with doctors over referrals and buck passing and crap. Believe me, you have to take the bull by the horns. Good luck to you.
hang in there chic... you are going to be fine... sending you prayers & well wishes...
I hope everything's all right! I'm glad you're taking charge!
Wow, all those episodes of Grey's Anatomy would came in handy when I diagnosed you! LOL. Don't you wish all doctors were as cute as they are on TV. What I wouldn't give for Patrick Dempsey to be your Neurologist.
So you want to take someone else's brain to the Neurologist??? Is that like providing a fake urine sample for a drug test?
Praying that the Neurologist is more compassionate and informative than the doctor and speeds you on your way to recovery!
Glad you took matters into your own hands and they could get you in next week! Hope everything turns out to be nothing.
I think all doctors should have to take quite a few patient relations class while in med school. It's ridiculous how callous some of them are. Glad to hear you can get in soon and get this solved!
Oh girl, I sooooo dislike crummy adventures with the people in white coats. Remember, YOU are your best advocate, do what you think is right and necessary for the best outcome for YOU regarding your health, don't give up! Praying for you girl!
wow I just caught up, and I am praying...keep us updated
Yea, you never want to wait for THEM to call YOU. You did the right thing, methinks. Well, when I read your post before this one, my hubby Demon said his mom had something similar but it was a clogged artery. (she went on meds and is fine now) I doubt that is what you have, it sounds more like Bell's like everyone else said.
Gee, I feel like such a dork and a bad friend for not visiting more timely, now knowing you are going thru this. I like to think I can try to be there for my friends.
I am so glad you are going in this week, I am praying that it is something easily treatable and not serious.
Now if *I* went with you to your appointment, I cannot be held accountable as to what may happen! I will be unZenlike and not responsibility for my actions! But my prayers are intentional!
I hope the Neurologist is great, sympathetic and that there is only a wee pinched nerve or something simple. I'll be thinking of you girl.
Just wondering how you're doing.
You are in my prayers.
Just wondering if you have had any updates? Thinking about you!
Post a Comment