A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Just a little something and a prayer request.

Life has been pretty busy lately. So much so that I honestly don't know where to start or what I even want to say about it if anything at all. We've been spending time with family and friends and just enjoying time together. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm going to ask for your prayers please. I have something going on with the left side of my face and neck. It seems to be almost paralyzed. I'm not sure what the cause could be and I'm more than a little worried. Hopefully, the doctor will have an obviously simple answer for the cause of it.
In the mean time, I'm going to post a few pictures from a recent trip to our local Farmer's Market. I'm sooo happy we finally went. Yaya has been eating garden peas like mad. She loves them and all the other fresh fruit and veggies we've discovered on our recent Saturday morning outings. If you haven't tried Lemon Cucumbers put them on your list of To Do's. Oh so good and refreshing. You could almost eat them like an apple! They are pictured below just above the white daisies.
I've used a cool editing tool called "Time Machine" that frames pictures in old fashioned black frame and adds a touch of color from the 60's. You might have to click on each picture to get the full effect. What do you think?
Our market treasures!
(The tomatoes are from our garden.)

17 comments:

Susie said...

Those pictures are great! Good luck at the doctor. I hope it is nothing.

Sissy said...

A friend of mine had something similar (called Bell's Palsy) and it was temporary. Hopefully, it will be something simple and fixable. I will say prayers that everything turns out fine.

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I was going to say the same thing as Sissy - sounds like Bell's Palsy. I have known a couple of people who have had it as a result of a virus - cleared up on its own each time. I hope it is nothing more than that...I will be praying.

What beautiful shots of all the lovely fruits and veggies - makes them look so yummy!!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

i second, third, and fourth what's already been said.

praying for you,
karin

Nancy said...

Prayers coming your way! Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Many prayers coming your way!!!Please keep us updated!

Nichole said...

I hope your doctor appointment goes well. I'll be thinking of you and keep you in my prayers.

Love your pictures by the way :o)

Renata said...

Will pray for you.
Those pictures are great- I wish we had a farmers market nearby - what fun!

Mummy McTavish said...

Those photos are great, I love the editing. I'd love to trundle off to a farmers market on a saturday morning.

Praying that there is a simple explaination at the doctors!

Unknown said...

Sending prayers your way... I have known several people who have had Bell's palsey including my dad & MIL... all of them are fine..(it did freak them all out.) Good luck & let us know! Hugs- Tressa

Rebecca Jo said...

First thingI thought of was Bells Palsy... Will for sure be praying for you... keep us updated!

Bettina said...

I immediately thought Bell's Palsy along with the others...praying for you and wisdom for the doctors as to what it is and how to best proceed in your case!

Just Lisa said...

I'll be praying and wishing you well! Keep us informed!

Debra Kaye said...

Sweet Friend,

Let me pray for you now...

Heavenly Father, You are the Great Physician and we thank You for that. Please touch my friend and give her Your peace that transcends understanding as she goes to the doctor today. We ask for Divine Healing, Lord, but most of all we ask that Your will be done in her life. Be with the doctor's and give them wisdom. We know that nothing is too difficult for thee, Lord, so we ask it in Your mighty Name...and we thank You Jesus. Amen.

Please let us know sweet one how you are doing and how we can be praying for you. Big hugs!

Terri said...

sending prayers your way. Hope everything turns out OK at the Drs.

Susan said...

Good luck at the Dr. I hope it turns out to be nothing.

All those fruits and veggies look so yummy! Love your picture effect too.

tammy said...

I love the photo effect! :) Great shots.