We've been home since late Saturday night and have hit the ground running. It's funny how the best laid plans often don't turn out as you thought. I had the big idea that I would come home and post my first set of travel photos/stories right away. Before I could do that we had some celebrating to do. We celebrated Father's Day with my parents and Scott. I took my dad and Bird out for their favorite Japanese Cuisine for lunch. Then, my parents had us over for swimming and BBQ for dinner. Sorry no pictures. Can you imagine? It didn't even occur to me to take ONE! Where was my head?
That said, I'm still working on organizing my thoughts and pictures. Thanks to Tritia's photos I am able to share a bit of fun from Yaya's trip. She went strawberry picking with her cousins McKenna and Kendall one morning. While there, they met up with The G' Unit's Sophia and Kai. The G' Unit are long-time friends of Bird's from Panama. It's so fun watching the kids play and interact. Especially, after only observing Kai and Sophia growing up through Tritia's blog. It felt almost surreal to see all the kids together in one spot.
Some of their strawberry treasures.
You've gotta have a tea party when you're together with friends and family.
The Little Kids
Above from left to right: McKenna, Kendall, Kai, Yaya and Sophia
(Tritia had matching dresses made for all the girls in Japan. Could this group be any sweeter?)
From left to right:
Tritia, Kent, myself, Bird, Allison (Bird's sis) and Doug








7 comments:
I am as anxious as everyone else to see pictures. Glad you made it home safely. Love the strawberry pictures. They look like they are having so much fun!! Also love the matching dresses. What a nice gift.
Looks like she had a great time! Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!!!
I can't wait for pictures! Thank you for your prayers at St. Peters.
There is something about that place....something I can't quite put my finger on....it's just a very special place.
I'm just glad your are all home, together, safe and sound.
I`m glad you got home safe and sound! Can`t wait to see the places you`ve been.
Isn`t it great that even though we worry so much about our kids, they still seem to have fun, when we`re gone... :)
How fun was that! I am looking forward to the photos from your trip:-)
I loved your first day recap...don't worry about taking awhile to share the pictures....I've only gotten through day 4 (of 8) from my Disney vacation in April...at this point, it's almost embarrasing to finish up.
Ooooh, it's OK, it takes a while to get such a trip down on paper and photo. These pics are fabulous! That is so lovely that you have friends and family to have these wonderful moments with! Seeing kids pick strawberries is such a treat!
Post a Comment