A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

The lights are on is anyone home?

Recently, I was asked to submit a picture of Bird and I to an Adoption Agency we were considering. I was floored to realize we had no "recent" pictures. Well, none since this picture was taken just before we left Italy. FYI, that was 2 years prior to Yaya joining our family.
How is it possible we haven't had our picture taken together in 5 years?! More importantly, why haven't either of us noticed until now? Were we so in the dark with our fertility struggles back then we couldn't even think to take pictures of us? I felt horrible and of course wanted to rectify this "problem" ASAP. Bird's family came out last month and we had some family photos taken. When the photographer asked if there were any other requests I jumped at the chance to get one of us. Family photos are important but so is remembering our love for each other and how our family began.

8 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

That's a great photo! I've got some of the two of us but all candid 'hey let's get a photo of you two' type thing. Must fix that. Thanks for the reminder:)

Betty said...

You did good. Very nice picture!!

Happy Mother´s Day!

Susan said...

I couldn't agree more. I have so many pictures out of the kids and one lone picture of me and my hubby. It's hard to get him to sit long enough to be in a picture - he's generally the one taking the pictures.

Wisconsin Girl said...

I seem to recall a recent picture you posted including bunny ears...that would have been a good one to submit:)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Great picture. I think most of us are guilty of not taking our own pictures. The ones of the kids seem so much more important.

Rebecca Jo said...

Love the photo... do you know I've been with my husband for 17 years & we dont have ANY portraits or "official" pictures of us...

Susie said...

You guys are so cute! Who wouldn't jump at the chance to say yes to you and your family?

cat said...

Lovely picture! Good luck!