A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, May 8, 2009

A Princess, Snails and...

Most days you'll find Yaya all dressed up like a little princess but
 
 lately, her favorite activity is hunting for snails with daddy.

She decided they're one big happy snail family.

"Momma, Can I take them in the house? They're hungry."

Bet you can't guess what my answer was.
In other exciting news, we have a beautiful little family growing outside our back window. This mommy bird has been very busy the past few weeks. She seems to be checking in on us as often as we do her.
She made a beautiful nest.
Found a mate or 2. It was hard to keep up with all the little guys who came by to"visit."
She didn't leave the nest much for awhile. Last weekend, we heard a few new voices outside. 3 to be exact. She's a very protective mommy. It's been so much fun teaching Yaya about nature this spring.
Sorry, it's a bit blurry I was trying to get a picture without her noticing me.

12 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

WHAT? You didn't let her take her tub full of gross escaping snails into the house? You're as horrible as I am:)
She looks like she was enjoying herself!
I love your little birdie story. Yaya will have fun telling her friends about them. What a wonderful mummy teaching her about nature in such a fun way!

Unknown said...

Eeeeewwww... Sounds like something Eva would do/ask. : ) I am such a girly girl... & she is NOT... Beautiful pictures....

Anytime you want to come to Norway...My door is open! (wouldn't that be fun?)

Susie said...

Your daughter is so cute! We have a family of birds living in our little bird house too. It is is much more fun to watch these neighbors than the human ones:-)

tammy said...

What a fun mom you are letting her bring snails in the house! I would have, too!LOL Right now we have two caterpillars. We found out K is allergic to them, though...so I've been the one giving them fresh food. Who knew that a caterpillar would cause the huge welts she had!?

Gramma 2 Many said...

Love the princess picture. Olivia dresses like that every day. We have all sorts of princess clothes around my house as well as hers.
Snails would NEVER find their way into my house, if I were aware of it!

Wisconsin Girl said...

Sam wants to come and play with the snails too! He's been mudding it up in our backyard lately. What is it they say about a boy and a puddle?!?! It's true that there is a definite attraction there:) Fun pics!

Rebecca Jo said...

she looks like a little mix of Princess & tom-boy... the perfect mix!

And how sweet are those birdies!!!

Susan said...

Yaya is adorable! She sure looked like she was enjoying those snails...yuck! What fun to watch the momma birds. We had one outside my son's preschool and the kids have so enjoyed watching the eggs hatch and grow and then eventually leave the nest.

cat said...

I would so not allow those snails into my home. And how cute are the birdies?

The Blonde Duck said...

I too, was a princess who adored snails. In fact, Ben and I have a snail story that I'll share with you via e-mail! (Don't want the world to know!)

Betty said...

Isn´t it great to see things through a child´s eye? Even snails are allowed.... :)
(Snails gross me out!)

Debra Kaye said...

You did a great job on the pictures!! Wow!

Snails? Yaya....silly girl...lol

Love ya Frizzy ... Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend.