A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sometimes Life is Messy

Recently, our computer has been under attack. It's slow and Explorer is on the fritz. Anytime I try to do anything it takes 30 times longer and often I have to do it more than once. To put it simply, my computer IE. blog life is a mess! I am going crazy because I can't comment or my computer locks up while I'm commenting. Please stay with me until I can get this all fixed. I'm working on it as much as I can but also need to focus on my family. Thanks for your sweet comments and patience.
Here's something we've done to relieve a little stress and energy.
Yaya had soo much fun playing in the mud puddles and getting messy yesterday!
Look at the air/water she gets under her feet. This girl can jump!
She can sure SPLASH too!

21 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

So so so cute!!
Thanks for the prayers, I am really afraid we are going to loose Star. I just do not understand why the people on that continent have to suffer so. It seems so disproportionate to other places in the world.

cat said...

Great pictures! I am so much in favor of messy games - they learn so much! And girl, off course I will be patient with one of my favorite bloggers. Hope the frustration is over soon.

Mummy McTavish said...

THAT GIRL CAN JUMP! I love watching the messy games they play, I'm just not a fan of the dirty grotty washing. It's a good thing I always forget about that until after they are grotty.

Rowena said...

I see a future olympic pole vaulter or long jumper in the pics. Ok, now here's your chance to plug your favorite laundry detergent....so which is it? Tide? Bold? or Dash? (I'm racking my brains because I'm sure there are more but I don't remember them!!!!!)

Unknown said...

I have the same problem with my computer... & at work, I can never get onto your blog...WEIRD.. but I am here now... Sweet pictures.. She is getting soo big!

Terri said...

Those are awesome pictures! IF you can pictures like of her in midair, surely you can get pictures of her coming down the slide!
Oh how I wish it were warm enough here so we could play in the puddles, but alas, we all have little colds so that will have to wait until the spring!

Rebecca Jo said...

What a cool mom you are to let her jump & play in that!!!

Kristin said...

So cute!! I bet she had a blast doing that! I love your new blog design. Pink and brown are my favorite colors together!!! So pretty!

Debra Kaye said...

She sure can jump! She gets more beautiful each time I see her! I hope you get the computer problems worked out ... that can be so frustrating! You know I'm not going anywhere! lol

Love ya, my friend!

Wisconsin Girl said...

These pictures are awesome. I don't know how you capture things like the water literally dripping from her shoes as she jumps...my camera would have the delay and then the picture would be one big blur. Love these fun pics! I'm sure YaYa will like looking at them too:)

Betty said...

You need Firefox!!

Susie said...

I am sorry about your computer woes. But those pictures are so cute!

Nichole said...

These computer problems are such a pain! I've been sort of amazed by how much I get done when I don't have a computer to mess around on though!!! I'm hoping to get to Sioux Falls this weekend to buy a new computer but we have snow coming our way again....grrr!!

Hope it won't be too long until I can visit you again!

aspiring... said...

The first thing that comes to mind about your computer, is that it could be that the size of the photos is what's bogging everything down. They're veryvery large when I click on them. If I remember right your amazing camera is new?

If I'm right, two possibile solutions would be...

1) Reduce the size of the photos you place in your blog, using your photo program.

I use an old version of Photoshop which has an 'Image Size' window from which to make the adjustments. The measurements to consider are the --dimensions (in inches) and --resolution/density (pixels per inch or ppi).

For your blog, you really don't need a resolution more than 72 ppi, or what your camera happens to create them at. As for dimension, 5 by 7 inches is reasonable, which isn't more than how they appear on the screen. The photo I have of yours to touch up - I think was at 30-some by 50-some inches.

Save the re-sized photo with a new name so as not to lose your original with all the detail. For instance, save a copy of 'photo1' naming it 'photo1_forblog'. Then make your changes safely away from your original.

2) There are also ways to adjust your computer settings to allow for more drive work-space to handle the large photos, in which case you wouldn't have to resize the photos. I can't help with that I'm afraid.

When commenting at others' blogs, for the time being, you might try accessing those sites from a favorites list instead of from your blog.

Renata said...

It looks so lovely there! Computer troubles are just annoying! I like the new look blog background though!

Micki said...

Hi,
I found you through your comment left on good friend "Aspiring fooL's" site.
I don't havae any trouble clicking on your adorable photos and having them come up large. The reason they are large is that you are scanning them at 300 resolution. It makes it easy for someone to copy with a clearer image. They can make it smaller on their own photoshop etc. page. If you don't want them to be so large when double clicked...just scan at a smaller immage. Hope this is what you are concerned about.

aspiring... said...

I got your message. Good luck!

Searching by file types you typically create, and by date ranges, or both, can help you find everything.

I really don't know if you want or can use all my suggestions! If not, sorry!

Last thoughts. Precautions I take to protect photos (thousands)and my writing (volumes) is... 1) 5tore them on a non-internet computer. Flash drives are a GREAT go-between, between two computers. And 2) on the non-internet computer, save everything in one folder under the main 'c' drive (organized with subfolders). Benefit of that is I have just one place to go to find or use or backup or download files.

Again, good luck!

FarmGirl said...

What a fun mess!! Yaya sure is getting big!!

So sorry I haven't been by lately. I hope all is well for all of you! We too, are ready for spring and playing outside!

Toodles!

Shannon said...

For all the good they do, computers sure can be a pain in the patootie!

Susan said...

Great pictures! Looks like puddle jumping was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Love it!