A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Love at First Sight

Dear Yaya,
2 years ago today, our life together began. You see, that's when we received a call about you while sitting in our hotel room at 10 PM in LA. Our Social Worker, Jo called to talk to us about a beautiful little girl who needed a loving home but was just waiting for the right parents to love and cherish her. Daddy and I could hardly believe our ears. Could our baby girl really have been in Las Vegas all along? I don't think either of us slept a wink that night as we waited with anticipation to see pictures of you the next morning.
Our luggage was all around us as we sat looking at the computer screen in the hotel lobby. The attachments of Jo's email couldn't be opened fast enough. I remember thinking to myself, "How will we know this little girl is meant for us? Will I fall in love the moment I see her picture?"
Then, there you were with your big blue eyes looking back at us. It appeared as though you were reaching out to touch us through the computer screen.
My heart swelled with hope and excitement! We called Jo right away to say we wanted to meet you. She said we would have to wait 2 more days to meet you at your foster mom, Christall's house. I thought I might die! 2 MORE DAYS?! Would I live until Wednesday? I would have given anything to meet and hold you in my arms that very second! Instead, we walked to our car and drove back to our home in Las Vegas thinking and talking of nothing but you. Our minds were spinning so fast, we didn't realize we left our luggage sitting by the computer in the hotel lobby until we were all the way home. See what you did to us even back then?!

11 comments:

Sissy said...

I am going to LOOOOVE hearing this story!

Rebecca Jo said...

Cant wait to hear more... excited because I know its a happy ending!

Debra Kaye said...

Yes, love at first sight will do that to you! So looking forward to hearing this adventure, my friend.

Love and hugs to you!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

She is a cutie! Can't wait to hear the rest of your story! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Kristin said...

LOL!! How funny about your luggage. Oh I just love your story!!!! Your excitement and love just reminds me so much of my Mom's account of when they got me! What a blessing your little girl is!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Beautiful!

Miss you, Friend!

Susie said...

That's an awesome and lovely story!! How could you not fall in love with her?

Wisconsin Girl said...

I don't remember that you left your bags at the hotel! But I sure do remember you getting that call and meeting Yaya myself for the first time. You all were meant to be together, that's for sure!

Betty said...

What a touching story! She must be such a blessing to your life!

Mummy McTavish said...

What precious photos those must be for you!

Nichole said...

I saw this was a two part post so I purposely skipped the most recent and came to this one. Can't wait to read the rest!