A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm SO Excited!

Photo courtesy of Bon Appetit
I just signed up for a cooking class at a local Italian restaurant. Here are the details. I've wanted to learn how to make pasta ever since we lived in Italy. Something about living there does that to a person. Right Jess? My girlfriend, Jessica was fortunate to live above her Italian landlords. They were awesome and taught her how to make many authentic pasta dishes.
Some day I also hope to make the Tuscan delicacy fried Zucchini blossoms. I've read many books/articles describing this dish and have drooled over the idea of them ever since.
Zucchini Blossoms© Kyle Phillips Licensed to About.Com
What food(s) have you dreamt of learning to make but have never taken the time or steps to do so?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting, Nichole! I am half Italian, and I was lucky enough to learn how to cook growing up, but the class sounds like a ton of fun! I hoep you'll write about it!

Wisconsin Girl said...

Yum! Sounds like fun! I wish I could be there to take it with you and to have a glass of wine! I've been toying with the idea of trying to make homemade pasta, but I'd want to make a gluten-free version, so that's a whole different realm! Too much that I'd like to do in the area of gardening and food prep. Have fun and I can't wait to hear about it!

Sissy said...

I finally learned how to make pizza dough from scratch awhile ago and even I was impressed at how well it turned out. I am not that great with sauces, so things like gravy aren't my best either.

This sounds likes so much fun. Good luck!

Susan said...

Good luck with your cooking class! Being half italian, I should love to cook and know how, but that gene escaped me somehow! Enjoy!

The Blonde Duck said...

How exciting! You'll have such fun!

I never saw your question! Gah!

Nichole said...

Oh that sounds like fun! I would like to learn how to make pies and cakes from scratch. I can do both now but not well.. And I'd like to learn how to can.

Betty said...

That would be any kind of "yeast doughs", like buns or breads. I have tried to make them a couple of times, but no success!
But your classes sound like fun!

Susie said...

That is fantastic!! I would love to take an advanced pastry class or even sugar art. I think that would be really cool:-)

Nancy said...

Nichole...my family is Italian...do you know I haven't had deep fried zuchinni blossoms since I was a kid. Oh my, I can almost taste them now.
You must pass on what you can from your class!!

Debra Kaye said...

Oh Wow...This looks just awesome, my friend. I could so come and have some of that with you. Love ya bunches!

cat said...

Oh gosh, that sounds great! I'd love to do that.

I would also love to learn Provencaal French cooking.

Rowena said...

I am looking forward to your reports on cooking classes. What fun!!!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Hey girl I'm back! I have been so busy with school and the new puppy.

Hope all is well with you -- I have alot to catch up on.

Hugs

Flamingo said...

You used to live in Italy? You are so cool.

tammy said...

Sounds like a real fun class. I love learning about cooking. There is so much I still want to learn. I'd love classes on canning, bread baking, Greek cooking, etc. Have fun!!