A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh Brother!

Today was my little brother's 34th Birthday. It's hard to believe we're all grown up. Even harder to believe we have families of our own. Where did the time go? Wasn't it just yesterday we were playing with Star Wars figures or Legos in your room? Don't worry Marc, I won't tell anyone you played with my Barbies or Strawberry Shortcake dolls. No WAY! Not You! It was Star Wars, Legos or nothing for you. If only I could have found a picture or two of you in your Chewbacca costume. YOU WERE SO CUTE! One of my favorite memories of our childhood was when we lived in Jefferson City, MO. Do you remember the huge field of trees behind our home? We used to go exploring all the time. It seems like we were always collecting things to build our "secret fort." Those times might be some of my very favorite memories with you. I also remember playing TV tag or Ghost in the Graveyard with our friends. MEMORIES! I honestly don't recall us ever fighting when we played outside. Inside was another story. LOL! I'll never forget the day you, AKA my little brother became my BIG brother. We were fighting about something stupid and I smacked you on the head. Instead of taking it like you usually did you smacked me back and HARD! The tables had turned. LOL! Now days, you have a great job with a large telecommunications company and are the father of two wonderful boys! Could life get any better than that? I am especially proud of you for taking that certification test yesterday and passing with flying colors. You couldn't have given yourself a better birthday gift than that! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! You have worked so hard for everything you have. Your time, love and dedication both to your job and your boys speaks volumes about the man you have become. I am sorry we aren't there to help you celebrate your big day! It was so fun singing to you first thing this morning with mom! I wonder if you blushed like you did when we were kids. (Snicker Snicker)
No matter how far apart we are remember this,
You'll always and forever be my "Little" brother and I LOVE YOU!

12 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy Birthday!

Susie said...

What a beautiful tribute to your brother! I hope he has a great birthday:-)

tammy said...

That was a sweet tribute to your little brother! My little brother just had a birthday, too...but I was a bad sister and didn't write a post about him! I was a part of a big surprise birthday party for him, though. Hopefully that redeems my lack of written word! ;)

Debra Kaye said...

What a precious tribute to your brother! Happy Birthday!

Love ya, sweet friend!

Susan said...

What a sweet post to your brother!

Rebecca Jo said...

How fast time goes by...

Terri said...

I hope he has a great birthday!

Cheryl Lage said...

I so hope you have sent him the link to this! :) So So Sweet a tribute to clearly a wonderful brother. :)

cat said...

Congratulations Marc! What a lovely tribute. And thanks for your support.

Nichole said...

Aww...what a great sister to write such a nice post for your little brother's birthday!!

Shannon said...

Aw! Very sweet post. Hope your bro had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post about your bro.
I love mine very much too.
:)