A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Wednesday Already?!

First, I want to say Thank You to Maricris over at Zen Ventures! I participated in a contest to help her find a dress for the Chinese New Year party she was attending. Guess what, she liked the dress I chose! YEAH! As a Thank You she sent me this sweet package of goodies. Thank You Maricris!
If you want to see some of her artwork click on
Now that Bird's job is secure I enrolled Yaya in preschool. My girlfriend Stacy mentioned this class so we're trying it for a month. So far, I really like it and so does Yaya. I like it because I get to stay and actually work with her in the class. Yaya likes it because she gets to "play with the kids." This class teaches problem solving,
listening skills, numbers, matching,
and learning to write their names. I think the hit stations this week were the "Superman station" as the kids called it and
the painting station.
I also got to play with my new camera a bit and found this Color Accent tool. It allows you to highlight certain colors and everything else is black and white. Love it!
Such deep consentration.
Yaya with her Spunky Monkey Backpack
Redwood tree and the park by the zoo.

13 comments:

Rowena said...

I love her monkey backpack!

Glad to hear good news regarding Bird's job. Now you can breathe easy a bit...and enjoy school all over again with Yaya!

Rebecca Jo said...

Love that concentration!!!! An artist at heart!!!

Susie said...

Sounds like a great preschool and the pictures are awesome! What kind of camera do you have?

Renata said...

I really like those pictures - particularly the tree & backpack ones!
Glad she likes her preschool - it sounds fantastic. It's great you can stay with her!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

pretty pretty!
What kind of camera did you get that does accent colors?! That's awesome!

cat said...

Wow, your camera has such a cool feature. And great that the job is secure! And glad she is enjoying the class.

Debra Kaye said...

Just love these pics of your cutie pie! Pray you are being blessed each day! Lovin ya from afar my friend!

MaricrisG said...

I'm glad you got my little surprise intact. I love your camera. Tell me what it is quick! I need a new one and that color trick - I LIKE!

Unknown said...

Oooo what kind of camera do you have? I LOVE the color thing! So glad the job worked out... Hope you have a great weekend!

aspiring... said...

Beautiful photos, Frizzy. Truly beautiful. My favorites are Yaya's profile, closeup, while working at the easel, and the monkey. Enlarged, that monkey is looking right at the camera!

I have news to share.

I first read about the Red Envelope Project at the Da Mihi Animas (salesianity.blogspot.com), and wish to add my voice to those announcing and carrying out the effort, a pro-life effort. May I do so here?

For all the details - please - go to:
http://www.redenvelopeproject.org

+

aspiring... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nichole said...

That color accent tool on your camera is way cool! I really miss teaching preschool!! Painting was always a hit with the kids there too.

Looks like you got some fun goodies too! :o)

Anonymous said...

That is seriously the coolest feature on your camera! What the heck! I want that on my camera too!