A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Winter Creativity

Yaya and her cousins received these eraser boards for Christmas. We didn't open Yaya's until we returned to our own home. I think my decision to wait was a good one what do you think? I can just see Yaya writing all over aunt, A or grandma, Bo's houses with the marker like she did her body and high chair.
Head on over to Candid Carrie's to participate in her fun Friday Foto Finish Fiesta!

19 comments:

Rowena said...

Looks like Yaya is a budding artist. I remember the days when my then baby boy (he's 22 years old now) used to draw/write on himself and the living walls!

As for the snow pics, the one with all of us was taken at our home up in Lecco's mountains aka Pre Alps as well. This has been THEE YEAR for snow everywhere in Italy. I wouldn't mind another storm, but let it happen in January, before Carnevale celebrations begin!

Frizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

so cute...

Shannon said...

My girls would love that cute board! They are all about markers these days... no more crayons for them.

Sissy said...

Love it! That little grin is priceless!

Susie said...

Smart move Mom!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Yeah - if only the face wiped off as easily as the board - right?

Debra Kaye said...

Oh how cute! How can you ever get mad at that face???

Happy Friday, my friend.

My family is doing well...thank you for asking. We have my husband's Uncle Tony (very Italian..haha) staying with us for a few weeks and his sister and her boyfriend are coming in this afternoon....just threw together the sauce! We are planning on going out on the lake so hopefully I'll get some photos.

Hugs to you!!

BBB said...

Oh she's so cute - and she knows it :)

Unknown said...

She is soooo Cute! Looks like she was having a good time!

Anonymous said...

hahaha....looks like she's having fun. Gotta love those highchairs for keeping the messes contained. ;)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Aden loves him some markers. He gets it every where -- he will color his hands more then the pictures -- Thank God they are washable. She is just to cute!

Hugs

Linda said...

Darling girl! And all I can say is thank heavens they now make washable markers and crayons.
I can't tell you how many times I had to re-paint walls because my daughter used them as a canvas. Yikes!!
(haha-my word verification is twork--is that a hint?!)

Mummy McTavish said...

My sister told me to let the kids go wild straight on the high chair tray with highlighter pens and it just wipes right off... she neglected to warn me that the kids would have a slightly more permanent masterpiece all over their little bodies. Ah well, I did it again and again so I guess it cant have been as bad as I remember :)

Bettina said...

Me thinks it's good you contained her:)

Looks like she had a grand time with it though!!!

I passed along the info on job hunting to my man, he is no longer at Offutt, but in FL, but still knows people here.

Candid Carrie said...

I take my shirt off when I work on art projects, too. It is so much easier to take a shower than it is to do laundry.

Alright, I just made that up but I know your thought process, don't I?

Thanks for participating again and again and again!

;)

Carrie

Susan said...

Good call on waiting to open it. I can't stand those dry erase markers. My girls use them at school and if they get on their clothes, it DOES NOT come out. They have ruined more school uniforms with those markers.

Unknown said...

What a cutie and that grin is priceless :-)

Melissa B. said...

The child's an Artist, plain and simple! I've got 2 at home like that, too. Every time I get out of the car in the garage, I see my youngest's name scrawled in 3-year-old writing on the wall. I think her sister pretended to be the teacher and they used the garage wall as a blackboard!